Minnesota Golden Gophers

Discussion in 'NCAA, U Sports, and other college' started by MN_Gopher, Apr 13, 2010.

1. MN_Gopher

MN_Gopher Registered User

medical
    Home Page:
    I thing the B1G was the worst thing for MN and WI and maybe the best thing for NCAA hockey overall.

2. WildGopher

WildGopher Registered User

Maybe someone can help answer this, but wasn't the decision to definitely go to a home host format for the Big 10 tournament next year? Or is that just under consideration? I think I'd prefer the home host concept for the tournament, since it would make Big 10 league games all the more consequential and maybe add some intensity to some of the games. Without the old rivalries we had in our old conferences, that intensity just isn't there now, with a few possible exceptions that have carried over like Minn-Wisc, Mich-Mich St. I'd think the rivalries between Notre Dame and the two Michigan schools will be good, too; For the fans, it's not that long since their shared CCHA years, and those schools have had some pretty robust and historical rivalries in other sports over the years, too.

3. Al Lagoon

Al Lagoon Registered User

I sure do miss those ND games, and Minnesota rivalries like UMD and St. Cloud. The latter were nipped in the bud before they really began.

4. Chrisinroch

Chrisinroch Registered User

Holy crap that was a bad call in OT

5. Dakota Sioux

Dakota Sioux Fly Eagles Fly!!!!

Semi retired
    Unbelievable. Then again scoring one goal in regulation isn’t going to win many games but yeah that call was horrible

Chrisinroch likes this.