Minnesota " Elite " League

shattuckgopher

Sep 20, 2012
Is this the biggest money grab in hockey

pay 1000 bucks or whatever it is

and get big exposure yada yada yada

NEWSFLASH

All the top Minnesota players have figured it out ..... LEAVE

WHL - USHL and even NAHL are much better paths for players to take. Why hang out some league with 20 games and 50 minute games makes zero sense.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
It is a fall league for the upper talent level kids in Minnesota before the high school season starts. There has been a lot of talent come from the league.

Dec 13, 2010
WHL - USHL and even NAHL are much better paths for players to take. Why hang out some league with 20 games and 50 minute games makes zero sense.

Because most kids play here in addition to their high school season. If you're in the Minnesota high school system and don't want to move on to play junior hockey yet (lot of Minnesota guys who play college/pro hockey do this) then this is just an extra league to play in to get some exposure and get prepared for your season. It's just like kids who play midget hockey for a local club on top of their high school season.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
It is a fall league for the upper talent level kids in Minnesota before the high school season starts. There has been a lot of talent come from the league.

Also get a few kids from North Dakota. Good league and gets the players ready for their respective high school teams.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Am I wrong in saying AAA hockey isn't as popular in Minnesota and the best players are found in the school system?

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Because it has been shown that high school path and the ADM has been better development than going to play juniors. I played in the league and you get a ton of exposure there. The thing that I hear hockey coaches and scouts say time and time again, it doesn't matter where you play, if you have talent scouts will find you.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Because it has been shown that high school path and the ADM has been better development than going to play juniors. I played in the league and you get a ton of exposure there. The thing that I hear hockey coaches and scouts say time and time again, it doesn't matter where you play, if you have talent scouts will find you.

If it is so good in MN, why isn't the whole world coming there to play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad