Proposal: Minnesota / Carolina

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
To Carolina: Jason Zucker (RFA)

To Minnesota: Noah Hanifin (RFA)

As a Wild fan, I would rather figure out a way to keep Zucker here but if he is traded this is move I would love. Minnesota solidifies their defense and Carolina gets a goal scoring forward.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
If Zucker was 20 years old or had a history of 30/60 seasons, I could see a deal. As is, I think it's a fairly easy no

Reactions: north49er

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
What is this, Carolina does not touch this.

Edit. I didn't realize Zucker had such a great season. I'd assume though that Carolina wants a center IF they're to trade Hanifin. Don't think they will.

Last edited:

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Trade makes no sense, unless Suter is LTIRed this summer.

We don't need to add LHD or do much anything with D unless cap issues.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If Carolina traded Skinner I could see Zucker as a replacement... though it seems like it'd be better to keep Skinner and add Zucker.

I can't see Minnesota targeting Hanifin unless they traded Brodin, which I guess isn't impossible. But even then I don't think we have the pieces that Carolina would want.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
We few Carolina fans have seen first hand what it’s like to have a winger put up bloated stats due to playing with Staal. Look no further than one Tlusty, Jiri.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker is a terrific player, and was the Wild's best forward on many nights. Very fast, natural scorer, and feisty. Forecheck swell due to his speed. CAR fans who don't know him would love him pretty quickly. Wild fans are down right now on a bunch of players who didn't show up in their brief 5 game playoff run, and are, IMO wrongly considering trading players they shouldn't out of frustration. The league is trending towards fast skilled players. Zucker is skilled, and our fastest player. He is not untouchable, but after losing our other really fast player in the ED, Haula, MN would be wise to reconsider trading JZ. Last thing the Wild need is to get slower.

No reflection on Hanifin. He's a very good player, but the Wild were in the top 3 in D scoring last year, and they really don't need another LHD. With Spurgeon and Dumba on the right, they really don't need someone there, either.

I would imagine that CAR could get a lot for him from a team like BUF...maybe even WPG. Certainly MTL, AVS....well, a lot of teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad