Minimum Rating Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
SPG said:
Who gets included in the average rating calculation? Just pro squad players... just the top 20 players? I forget how we do this since I've never had to worry about making the minimum until this season.

IIRC, it takes into account the OV ratings of the top 12 forwards, top 6 defencemen and top 2 goalies. Drew?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Well in that case, I hope 69.95 counts because thats where I'm at. I've asked all around the league and no one (none of the GMs that actually respond anyway) is willing to part with a 70+ forward unless they're getting one in return.

This is despite having guys like Kariya, Savard, Aebisher, Kubina, etc on my roster. My roster was so decimated by players leaving for leagues overseas that all I could acquire for depth are guys in the mid-60s to fill out my roster. I've been able to get the roster numbers up to where they need to be... but having a guy like Pierre-Marc Bouchard who has played over 50 games in each of the last 2 NHL seasons (42 points in 111 games before this season) at 63 OV really hurts my average.

If you're wondering why I didn't challenge his ratings, it's because I traded for him recently and had to sign him off my prospect list... well after the ratings adjustment period.

Last edited:

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
So is the limit 68 or 70 this season? If the min ov rating is 70 I personally dont think that 69.95 counts. If 69.95 counts then 69.90 should count and you get the picture.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I was under the impression that it was what made a team in the Sim.

I always counted 9F, 6D, 2G and 3 best skaters.

Martin, the OV is 68 for this season.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Donga said:
Martin, the OV is 68 for this season.

Sorry, Dion. Technically, the OV for this season is indeed 70; while it was suggested that be reviewed, no decision had yet been made to reduce it to 68. I think the final ruling is Matt's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad