GDT: "Minimalist" - Oilers @ Flyers - 5PM MST - SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think Maroon plays with McDavid as a safety net for McDavid.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Ok, as long as that makes up for him Piling on. Responsibility v. Fault.

Responsibility is the junky Rexall ice. Anyways, not having this discussion again.

Really looking forward to seeing Maroon and how good/bad his skating actually is.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Responsibility is the junky Rexall ice. Anyways, not having this discussion again.

Really looking forward to seeing Maroon and how good/bad his skating actually is.

Ok then, responsible for actions.

I want to see want Maroon brings too, hopefully an aggressive physical game.

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
Kassian and [Crack]nell would probably have a lot of chemistry if put on the same line
It worked for ConYak

Am I the only person who thinks that McLellan needs to put Kassian, Letestu, and Cracknell on a line for a game? Even if it's not a full game, at least long enough for us to call them Le-Asscrack line.

I'll see myself out.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I want to see Maroon-McDavid-Yakupov.

And bump Eberle up to the Drai-Hall line? I guess I can see that but I don't think Mclellan splits McDavid and Eberle up. It'll be Maroon or Yak on their LW.

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
And bump Eberle up to the Drai-Hall line? I guess I can see that but I don't think Mclellan splits McDavid and Eberle up. It'll be Maroon or Yak on their LW.

Agreed. With all of Todd's talk about "pairs", it's looking like Ebs and McD might be BFF's for awhile.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Worth noting that the Oilers ran the Flyers show last time we played. Neuvirth was the only thing that kept it from being a blowout.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

As of last night Stauffer suggest Maroon playing with McDavid and Eberle. Micheals suggested Maroon starting on 3rd line for a few shifts and then moving up to McDavid and Eberles wing.

I have been saying it since we got him. Yak isnt a top6 winger.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Am I the only person who thinks that McLellan needs to put Kassian, Letestu, and Cracknell on a line for a game? Even if it's not a full game, at least long enough for us to call them Le-Asscrack line.

I'll see myself out.

hahhahahaha love it

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
As of last night Stauffer suggest Maroon playing with McDavid and Eberle. Micheals suggested Maroon starting on 3rd line for a few shifts and then moving up to McDavid and Eberles wing.

I have been saying it since we got him. Yak isnt a top6 winger.

Yeah but if they have any designs on getting value for Yak this offseason, it makes no sense to bury him on the 3rd line unless he proves without a doubt that he can't handle top 6 duty. They need to give him an honest chance although I prefer to see a heavy on that line but with the big picture in mind, they have to give Yak every chance to boost value the rest of this season, time is running out.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
I know fighting is down this season and the Flyers and Oilers don't have a heated rivalry per-say, but I expect this game to be a little nasty.

If I had to bet the over/under on fights this game at 1.5 I'd be betting on the over.

Give me 2 of Maroon, Cracknell, Hendricks, and Kassian vs 2 of Simmonds, Manning, White and Gudas. :fight:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Yeah but if they have any designs on getting value for Yak this offseason, it makes no sense to bury him on the 3rd line unless he proves without a doubt that he can't handle top 6 duty. They need to give him an honest chance although I prefer to see a heavy on that line but with the big picture in mind, they have to give Yak every chance to boost value the rest of this season, time is running out.

Honestly, if Chia can get a third for Justin freaking Schultz I think he would do alright on a return for Yakupov even if we scratched him for the rest of the season.

You all are dreaming if you think the coaches would even entertain the idea of splitting up Ebs and McD. They produce.

I think Maroon will start on the third line, but he might move up if things aren't working out.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Which is why I love him. My hands down favourite player in the NHL (not named MCDAVID :D)

Giroux has every tool in the kit, but he's a tenacious checker and an underrated scorer.

Honestly, he is only an underrated scorer if you work for Hockey Canada. Everyone else has it figured out.

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
Which is why I love him. My hands down favourite player in the NHL (not named MCDAVID :D)

Giroux has every tool in the kit, but he's a tenacious checker and an underrated scorer.

I like him too. He was one of those players though that had to grow on me. At first I thought he was soft (not having seen him play much), but the more of a jerk he turned out to be the more I liked him. :D

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think you're stuck with Ebs on the 2nd line until Nuge gets back. He's not good enough for the 1st line or the 3rd line and he will probably sulk like a child if you insult his finesse-dignity

sorry, what I mean to say is......Go Lander!

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

One of the media guys tweeted at the deadline, something along the lines of

Playing Yak with Mcdavid for 15 games to end the year isnt going to change the minds of GM's that have 4 years of history on him.

I totally agree with it to.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Honestly, he is only an underrated scorer if you work for Hockey Canada. Everyone else has it figured out.

Apparently McDavid compared his game to Giroux's recently saying he wants to be that strong presence at both ends of the ice, whether up by 1 or down by 1 like Giroux is for the Flyers.

Nice to see most of you Oilers fans respecting Giroux! Let's hope for an injury free hard fought game tonight!

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hall-Draisaitl-Kassian
Yak-McDavid-Eberle
Maroon-Letestu-Korpi
Hendricks-Lander-Cracknell

Sekera-Fayne
Pardy-Davidson
Nurse-Clendening

Per Bob.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Pretty soon I think we have to start calling the Mcdavid line the 1st line. That's basically what it is. McD is starting games, TOI is the same as Drai/Hall and the production is higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad