Pre-Game Talk: Mini Road Trip Pre-Game Thread: Dec 16 - 19, 2014

Serge A Storms

Apr 21, 2013
Connecticut
Panthers and Rangers both won tonight. So basically we have to hope that both of them start sucking and the Bruins start winning. It really was a good effort tonight, but that's just flat out not enough right now. They need to start winning games.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
@NHLBruins: Julien: "right now, we're talking about a little fraction here, a little fraction there & it's going to make the difference"

Score a couple goals here and a couple goals there and win some games. Ughh this is the most infuriating season since JT got shipped out.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
We're only losing most of these games by 1 or 2 goals. That one addition for a top RW will help more than people think. Not Chris ****ing Stewart either. A legit top RW.

SmBoston

Dec 8, 2013
Bridgewater
Well, heres to hoping something lights a fire under this teams ass and we perform tomorrow and friday and at least get one win.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
So, what are they actually evaluating? How much we can't score? How much we suck at shootouts? Or how useless 50% of this roster is? Or are we still evaluating Trotman? That would explain all his playing time.

I think evaluating is code for, we aren't doing anything because we can't.

We roll the same lines... the same lineup... the same guys in the shootout.... and what, we expect different

Chia cannot to nothing this year worth while.Backed himself into a corner to point he made a fool of himself and Harvard too lol

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Scary thing is, I don't see this team rattling off 8-10 wins like the Leafs or even Columbus is doing. What's even scarier is I look at the on ice product and don't see where these goals will come from. People advocating to get rid of Marchand and Smith are nuts we would never score.

iGetCarried*

Want to point out that I have no problem with Craig Cunningham if he wants a full-time spot on the fourth line. He looks to have an NHL game and a great motor and he's far better than either Gagne was (in that role) and Fraser is/would be.

Cunningham is a perfect 4th line piece. Love his game.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
@NHLBruins: Julien: "right now, we're talking about a little fraction here, a little fraction there & it's going to make the difference"

Score a couple goals here and a couple goals there and win some games. Ughh this is the most infuriating season since JT got shipped out.

Is he saying that if we keep losing a point here and losing a point there that it will make the difference on missing the playoffs?

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
I think at this point all management and players are living off the cup in 2011 and cup run in 2013. They really have done nothing since. Rolling out the same line up and same aging vets that are slowing down. They already taken a beating and are spent at this point

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
The next 6 weeks the Bruins have a relatively easier portion of their schedule. They have to take advantage of it and start banking wins or else things will be extremely high-pressure in February.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
12th in the league in goals against.
Same amount as Montreal to keep it in perspective.

20th place in the league.
22nd in goals for.

It's been difficult but I think I've cracked why this team isn't winning games.
And the reason is because Tuukka Rask does not score enough goals.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I can't believe we have seen zero activity not even a small trade ,say a forward in the bottom 6.

what will a small trade do? One thing it would do is guarantee a half dozen threads here about Chia thinking only a small trade is what`s needed:laugh:

don`t see anything, anywhere around the league happening. I mean c`mon, the bloody Oilers who have no chance to do a thing this year haven`t made a move but your surprised the B`s haven`t??

Is it frustrating? Sure, it`d be more frustrating if I was waking up each morning watching other teams wheeling and dealing and Chia doing nothing

I anticipated a move to happen before now too, but admittedly I know nothing about the behind the scenes business side of trading

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
Anyone else tired of NJ Devils hockey? All I can think of when I watch this team play is it looks like the Devils of old minus the winning. Like it or not, we probably need a wholesale shakeup.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Panthers and Rangers both won tonight. So basically we have to hope that both of them start sucking and the Bruins start winning. It really was a good effort tonight, but that's just flat out not enough right now. They need to start winning games.

I can picture the Panthers going on a massive losing streak. I can't picture the Rangers doing so.

Would still require a major winning streak on our part and Indknt picture that this season either. Not with the holes Chiarelli has created and ignored. I mean how much more evaluating does he need to do? The holes are pretty clear.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this team is bad.
ratings have to be down.
ive missed 3 games in a row.

thats how unimpressed by the team i am.
ive probably missed a total of 5 games since 2007.

forget about the 06-07 comparison.
with how much better the other teams are this team is more like the team coming out of the 2004 lockout.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Winning games is how you get points, not missing by a fraction and getting a participation award.

It's really sad when the positives are "we missed goals by a fraction and tried hard."

That's what you do when the peewee team loses not an NHL team that wants to make the playoffs. team needs wins and can't get them because they cant score.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Florida has always had the tools to be a good team they just lacked a #1 goalie, a decent coach and a bit of leadership.

They finally have all three and have figured out how to use the tools they already had.

They are no longer some joke team and an easy win. They deserve a hell of a lot more credit than they are getting around here.

I'd like to see Krejci play a few games before we make a move. The reason being that when he comes back, the lines will stabilize and be more consistent.

Other than Marchy-Bergy-Smitty, we've had 0 consistency throughout the rest of the lineup which is part of the problem.

We need to improve and make a move but it can't be reactionary as those are the trades that typically bite you in the ass later on.

Last night was a step in the right direction despite the shootout loss. We'll see what happens tonight.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Florida has always had the tools to be a good team they just lacked a #1 goalie, a decent coach and a bit of leadership.

They finally have all three and have figured out how to use the tools they already had.

They are no longer some joke team and an easy win. They deserve a hell of a lot more credit than they are getting around here.

I'd like to see Krejci play a few games before we make a move. The reason being that when he comes back, the lines will stabilize and be more consistent.

Other than Marchy-Bergy-Smitty, we've had 0 consistency throughout the rest of the lineup which is part of the problem.

We need to improve and make a move but it can't be reactionary as those are the trades that typically bite you in the ass later on.

Last night was a step in the right direction despite the shootout loss. We'll see what happens tonight.

Krejci will certainly help, I have no doubt about that. But there's too much wrong with this team for him to be the savior. Something needs to change, and soon.

I can't get behind the step in the right direction stuff anymore. At a certain point, it just becomes good job, good effort lip service. The Bruins have won TWO GAMES in their last 10, and they needed an OT against Winnipeg for one of them. That is mind-numbingly terrible.

A step in the right direction doesn't help unless it's followed by another step, and then another. Hasn't been happening.

member 96824

Two steps forward, five steps back, three steps to the side

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Krejci will certainly help, I have no doubt about that. But there's too much wrong with this team for him to be the savior. Something needs to change, and soon.

I can't get behind the step in the right direction stuff anymore. At a certain point, it just becomes good job, good effort lip service. The Bruins have won TWO GAMES in their last 10, and they needed an OT against Winnipeg for one of them. That is mind-numbingly terrible.

A step in the right direction doesn't help unless it's followed by another step, and then another. Hasn't been happening.

If anyone's looking for Krejci to be the savior then all I can say is yikes. I want to see how this responds for a few games with him back in the line up before I make a move.

A move needs to be made but I don't think it needs to be a blockbuster like some are suggesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad