Claimed off Waivers: [MIN] Wild claim D Declan Chisholm off waivers from the Jets

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Great skater, moves the puck well, good on the PP... in-zone defense is questionable and probably what kept him from making the Jets. Hard to say though as he played only 2 games in the NHL... most of this is based on his AHL profile.

He should see some action.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hoping Chisholm gets a real shot to play a decent stretch of games here. He's a guy I've been quite interested in at the AHL level. It would be nice to see what he can actually do in the NHL.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
He's already better than Logan Stanley who has no business on an NHL roster.

Swing and a miss by Cheveldayoff (whom I like a lot as a GM).

We should all have some room to forgive Cheveldayoff. Size may well be the biggest temptation and craving of all for most NHL GMs.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
What can you tell us about him?
His skating is great and his hockey iq is above avg. how above hard to say as there’s hasn’t been a chance to watch him at the nhl level too much.

I just happened to be sitting in the right corner of our defense zone at the Chicago game he made his home debut. So basically watched him every time he was on the ice (my son was pulling for him to get a point - which he did)

Anyways….
In the Chicago game he was poised. Jumped in and joined offence. Never made any panic passes - made intelligent plays, on target passes. Really smooth skater.

Was also great with his stick defending while playing on his off side (he’s a lefty but played rd)

Has potential.

I wish him luck - hope he does great!

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Nice, anyone or anything would be better than continuing to throw all of Merrill, Mermis, and Goligoski on the ice and in the top 4. He’s going to get some opportunities to show what he has for sure.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Not happy about him going to Minny.

Will be interesting to see him get his chance in the NHL. He deserves it, was a very good AHL defensemen. Jets D has been very healthy this year so he has basically sat the entire season.

We have now lost Kovacevik and Chisholm to keep Stanley in the press box. Kovacevik is already better than Stanley, we'll see if Chisholm is too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad