Trade: MIN / UTH - Ricky Rubio for a 2018 1st Round Pick

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rubio has been on the block for a long time so this isn't much of a surprise. Kinda feel bad for him though since all he wanted was a competitive team in Minnesota and when it finally happens, they send him to a team with a lot of uncertainty if Hayward leaves.

Wolves can be big players in free agency now. Playing with KAT, Wiggins, and Butler has gotta be intriguing for Lowry.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Could be a very smart trade for Minny depending on the protection on that pick (can't get the link to open on my phone). If Utah loses Hayward I see them being a much worse team.

Edit: just saw that it's supposed to be the OKC pick? Still a good move IMO if they get Lowry. Gives them some assets if the team is competing and can add late in the season.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Could be a very smart trade for Minny depending on the protection on that pick (can't get the link to open on my phone). If Utah loses Hayward I see them being a much worse team.

Edit: just saw that it's supposed to be the OKC pick? Still a good move IMO if they get Lowry. Gives them some assets if the team is competing and can add late in the season.

It's a lottery protected 1st that turns into a pair of 2nd rounders if not conveyed by 2020.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Replacing Rubio with Teague is pretty mehhhhhh. Guess they wanted a shooter?

Rubio is an offensive liability off the ball. That has been the knock on him his whole career, and the Wolves wanted to take pressure off Butler once they picked him up.

Will it work? No idea. But this is what Thibs wanted and what fans have wanted for a while now.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Rubio is an offensive liability off the ball. That has been the knock on him his whole career, and the Wolves wanted to take pressure off Butler once they picked him up.

Will it work? No idea. But this is what Thibs wanted and what fans have wanted for a while now.
It makes sense in that way. But Rubio can be a wizard on the ball, and works extremely hard to get the ball to his teammates in good spots.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
As a Minnesota fan this is awesome.

Rubio needs the ball in his hand to be good. We have Butler now, and he will take more touches than LaVine did. Teague is more effective without the ball than Rubio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad