Trade: [MIN/UTAH] Rudy Gobert for 2023, 2025, 2027, 2029 1st round picks, Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Jarred Vanderbilt, Walker Kessler, Leandro Bolmaro

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Unbelievable return.

People saying “who are these players” are missing the forest for the trees.

I get the idea of pairing Gobert’s defense with KAT but in 2022 this seems like the wrong thing to leverage basically all your assets on. Plus losing PatBev and Vanderbilt takes out a lot of the toughness that allowed the Wolves to finally make strides last year not to mention Kessler has real potential as a defensive and shot blocking guy in the middle himself.

And this coming from a fan who thinks on the whole that Rudy is probably underrated. I am just stunned at the level of resources Minnesota gave up. It’s basically six 1st round picks, a good young player in Vanderbilt and two expirings.

Reactions: Know Your Enemy

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Can someone explain this to me in terms of a hockey trade? I have no clue who any of these people are but wow that seems like alot to give up for a guy,

I think the closest comparison maybe be if Sean Couturier (who is about 5 months younger than Gobert) was traded for a king's ransom to a team that already has a lot of young firepower offensively.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
For a league that only has 2 rounds in their draft, I'm always astounded by how 1st round picks are excessively thrown around in trades so damn much

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Can someone explain this to me in terms of a hockey trade? I have no clue who any of these people are but wow that seems like alot to give up for a guy,

What Marc said, but also 1st round picks aren't a valuable in the NBA as the NHL, especially if they're outside the lottery, and depending on the draft maybe even outside the top 5 or 10. You're lucky to get a decent starter/role player that late (with a few exceptions of course).

Still think the Wolves gave up too much though. Maybe you keep that '29 1st and Vanderbilt and it's a little better.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Unbelievable return.

People saying “who are these players” are missing the forest for the trees.

I get the idea of pairing Gobert’s defense with KAT but in 2022 this seems like the wrong thing to leverage basically all your assets on. Plus losing PatBev and Vanderbilt takes out a lot of the toughness that allowed the Wolves to finally make strides last year not to mention Kessler has real potential as a defensive and shot blocking guy in the middle himself.

And this coming from a fan who thinks on the whole that Rudy is probably underrated. I am just stunned at the level of resources Minnesota gave up. It’s basically six 1st round picks, a good young player in Vanderbilt and two expirings.
He's only tough with his mouth. Overrated joke of defender.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lakers gave up less to acquire AD (who you could argue was a top 5 player at the time of the trade) than the wolves did to get gobert

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
I bet they would rather have Kessler than Gobert right now..

1681081846056.png

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that's actually a bad thing for the lakers because gobert takes possessions away from edwards

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
It was a horrible trade. Not surrounding Gobert with offense is also bad.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm not sure what the point of the Timberwolves franchise is anymore. 2 playoff appearances since 2004.

On the other hand they do have a conference finals appearance, which is one more than the Charlotte Hornets :laugh:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Fast forward to this season and the Wolves are now a top team in the league and Gobert is back to being the DPOTY favorite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad