Trade: [MIN/UTAH] Rudy Gobert for 2023, 2025, 2027, 2029 1st round picks, Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Jarred Vanderbilt, Walker Kessler, Leandro Bolmaro

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
why would the jazz do this? seems lke a bad deal for them. wonder if donavan is gonna ask out.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
gobert is good, but that return just for him is absolutely insane and not even close to being worth it. not even sure how KAT and gobert will fit alongside each other

great trade for the jazz

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Unless I'm missing something, that seems like the type of trade you make when you think you're a guy away from winning. I think the Wolves are overestimating their position right now.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
This is why the Timberwolves are the Timberwolves.
They will cap out at 53-wins, 2 first round exits before players start demanding out and they have to start over but don't have their picks to build around.

Reactions: hockey20000

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess the T-Wolves are gonna make a go of this.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Can someone explain this to me in terms of a hockey trade? I have no clue who any of these people are but wow that seems like alot to give up for a guy,

Doesn't match in terms of style of play but maybe like if someone traded 3 1sts and a few solid depth players for current day Tavares or something.

He is 3 times defensive player of the year center but limited mostly to dunks on offense. If you're more familiar with Dikembe Mutombo he is the most similar modern player to him. Huge contract which really hurt Minnesota since they had no choice but to include 3 players were in their playoff rotation last year in the trade.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Doesn't match in terms of style of play but maybe like if someone traded 3 1sts and a few solid depth players for current day Tavares or something.

He is 3 times defensive player of the year center but limited mostly to dunks on offense. If you're more familiar with Dikembe Mutombo he is the most similar modern player to him.
I dont really watch or pay attention in the slightest to basketball. I just hope the Raptors do well every year Ill watch them in the playoffs only. hockey is really the only sport I care about

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Minny looking good for next year but that's one heck of a haul by Utah.

Imagine the price for Durant.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That is an absolutely batshit haul for a guy who's as one dimensional (albeit being best in the league in said dimension) as Gobert. I guess because the Jazz didn't get much in terms of guys who can slot in and help now they demanded more picks?

That's still lunacy. And i like Gobert and what he can do for a squad too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad