Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] F Matt Boldy signs extension with the Wild (7 years, $7M AAV)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Risky as we have seen plenty of kids look on track only to regress

But I get why they did it and they think kid is going to continue to develop and prosper.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Surprised at the timing. They have that huge dead cap for 2 more years and Boldy was the only meaningful guy they could bridge.

But I guess they've made their projections for next year and think it's okay.

Reactions: olli

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hopefully HuGo lie and tell Caufield Boldy got this much because he can reach the top shelf.

Might not be the best next season, but when he has 3/4 years left on the deal it will more than likely look like a steal..

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Good deal for both. Minny gets him cheaper than he would be if he was killing it, and Boldy becomes a UFA at 28 for a yuuuuge paycheque.

Not worried about his production going forward, he's fourth on the Wild in scoring.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Fair deal.

I expect his former teammates in Zegras and Caufield to eventually sign something similar.
Caufield is a sniper. He's got 26 goals. He will finish between 40 to 50 goals.
How much are a 40 + goal scorer got on the market ?
I think Montréal will Locked him with 7 years and 9M per year

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I wouldn’t say disappointing. Up until recently he’s been playing with not so great players. Hartman is now on his line, so that’s a little better.
If his quality of linemates affects his production that much, this deal is not a good one for the Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad