Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] F Marcus Foligno signs extension with the Wild (4 years, $4M AAV)

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Weird timing to reward him with an extension like that after his worst season in years.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Terrible deal , overpaying washed up 4th line grit guys. f*** Bill Guerin. This has been his MO the entire time he’s been here. Hardball with anyone who has actual talent like Fiala or Addison and rewards these idiotic meatheads with no tangible hockey skill aside from crashing around and dropping the mitts

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Why does Guerin do this to us?

1696022607903.gif

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
People ripped his last contract too but it was well worth it. Foligno played all last year injured, and was pretty mediocre, but when he is on he is really a force and one of the most competent “tough” guys in the league. He would have had to have come into camp and looked pretty healthy to get this extension now. Team loves his leadership and energy too, hard to argue with the regular season results.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Thats absolutely horrendous. Even worse signing a 33 year old Foligno this kind of deal. Id say within 1 year of the contract hes a buyout candidate.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I still feel BG has done more good than harm in his overall tenure with the team and I do place some trust in their moves, so I'm not knocking the extension itself. But it does seem the player/agent got everything they wanted and team didn't push for anything back. Seems like lazy negotiating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad