Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] F Marat Khusnutdinov signs ELC with the Wild (2 years, $925k AAV)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He looks like someone crossed Erik Karlsson and Rasputin in that twitter picture. Plus the teal jerseys dont help dissuade the thought. Except for the C, EK would never be the C.

Attachments

• 1709149302375.jpeg
    1709149302375.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 4

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild fans, decent hype on this prospect, yeah?

I think the general expectation is that he fits into the middle six somewhere, Russo reported the Wild see him as a center, for a couple years some Wild fans have been projecting him as a winger, so we'll see exactly where he ends up.

Reactions: BonMorrison

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It remains to be seen if one of them can explode into a true #1 tentpole scoring center (probably Yurov, JEE is certainly a top 25 center in the league albeit not of that flavor), but suddenly the Wild look real good down the middle for a long time.

Yurov-JEE-Rossi-Khus

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
It'll be interesting to see if his KHL numbers are indicative of use and the team around him or his skill level. I honestly don't know what to expect but he's still described as fast and plays fast. Sounds like a good start.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It'll be interesting to see if his KHL numbers are indicative of use and the team around him or his skill level. I honestly don't know what to expect but he's still described as fast and plays fast. Sounds like a good start.
Realistically I am expecting a pre knee injury Erik Haula, hopefully including his FO prowess. Anything more than that is gravy.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm choosing to be optimistic. The names I've been seeing as comps are Kaprizov, Panarin, Kuznetsov, Havlat, Tarasenko. I'm gonna assume that's what we're getting and risk being disappointed later.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Boom! Big signing for the Wild

Oh well, another Russian prospect going to NA and they still talking about Russian factor...
Yes, every notable Russian has if nothing else given a go at it. You'd have to go back to like.. Mozyakin? for one that didn't, who broke out late and just as the KHL was coming into being.

People will say "it's all different now cuz of the geopolitics" or whatever, but it's hogwash, double digit Russians are signing ELCs with their drafted teams out of Russia every year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh well, another Russian prospect going to NA and they still talking about Russian factor...
The KHL was well on it's way to ruining him, so it's up to the North Americans to save his career.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

He's an excellent skater and has some grittiness, but he isn't a line-driver. I highly doubt about any top6 perspectives, but he can become a solid 3rd liner... or can't.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
They are coming over but you can’t exactly describe the process as quick or smooth. Plus, good luck getting these guys into your own development program early on. But yeah, eventually they come over.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The KHL was well on it's way to ruining him, so it's up to the North Americans to save his career.

Yeah, they tried to ruin him forcing him to play with Michkov and Tyanulin, but now Minnesota will save him.

Looking forward to your first trade post to move Khusnutdinov out of Minnesota. I'm sure it's coming in a week or two.

Nah, I personally don't care a lot about Khusnutdinov at the moment and doubt any other NHL team wants him right now.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wild fans, decent hype on this prospect, yeah?
I'd say 4 years after his draft, Wild should thrilled if he becomes an effective 3rd line winger with good leadership qualities.

In my eyes, he lacks the physicality to fight for space and survive at center in the NHL and he doesn't have almost any high-end offensive skills so middle-6 projection is.. I can see where it's coming from, he was a good complimentary scorer for SKA, but I think if you are forced to play him on your 2nd line your team is really thin at F.

So what I meant to say, people who were hyped about him as 2nd Kaprizov post-draft and didn't adjust those expectations are going to be disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad