Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Cam Talbot signs with the Wild (3 years, $3.67M AAV)

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Interesting. He’s in the same ballpark as James Reimer in that he’s jumped around from starter to backup to 1a/1b throughout his career and has similar numbers, so the $$$ are about right.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
.919 in the regular season and .924 in the playoffs. Now playing behind one of the best defensive units in the entire NHL.

What's the missing part of this that has people freaking out?
He didn't play a lot of games, and his first 7 or so starts last season were awful, so it's a hot streak small sample size. Might work out, not going to blast it or him. But it could also not work out. I'd have considered a one or two year deal at that hit, but you also look what happened when he got term from the Oilers.

I wouldn't panic, but I'd be wary on this one lol

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He didn't play a lot of games, and his first 7 or so starts last season were awful, so it's a hot streak small sample size. Might work out, not going to blast it or him. But it could also not work out. I'd have considered a one or two year deal at that hit, but you also look what happened when he got term from the Oilers.

I wouldn't panic, but I'd be wary on this one lol

This is basically where I am.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Guerin is tearing down the team and why the hell not? Minnesota has been mediocre forever: too good to pick first and too bad to compete.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
While I was not a big fan of this signing at first, its looking better. If we are being honest, anything is better than Dubnyk/Stalock all year long. Cam might thrive given the opportunity, term, better defense, but its a surefire gamble if he takes a plunge.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
The Flames goaltenders were absolute crap in the playoffs.

Other than the last game against the Stars he was excellent.

Versus Winnipeg in the prelim round: 110 shots against, 6 goals against, 0.945 sv%, 1.51 GAA, one shutout

Vs. Dallas in the quarter-finals: 206 SA, 18 GA, 0.913 sv%, 3.02 GAA, one shutout

Vs. Dallas, not including game six: 191 SA, 14 GA, 0.927 sv%, 2.68 GAA, one shutout

As a Flames fan I would have happily had Cam Talbot back. Probably not at $3.67M x 3 yrs though.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He was just fine here honestly. If he played 40 games each season for my club I'd be fine with it at that number. He does let in the odd softie early, but tends to bear down afterwards.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
How the heck did Talbot get a team to give him 3 years?... and at a $3.67m AAV. Terrible deal.

He made 2.75 last season and deserved a little bit of a pay raise.

3 years isn't horrid. Kahkohnen still has a bit to go development wise, but I assumed he'd platoon with Talbot, not Stalock.

Reactions: Lapa

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Enjoy spotting teams a 1-0 lead on the first shot of the game 8 to 12 times per year.
HUGE improvement over the crap goaltending the Wild had last season! The deal sounds better and better all the time! Got sick of those early 2-3 goal deficits off softies early. Only 1 to deal with now? Fantastic!

I'm ready for the start of the season! Let's go! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad