Speculation: Miller for rest of season.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
... I kinda want Darcy to bring up Hackett and audition him for the remainer of the season.

However.....

1. Would this be a blow to Hacketts development to play behind a crappy team like this?

2. Would this pretty much seal the fate of Ryan Miller in a Sabres uniform?

3. Would this be considered disrespectful to Miller?

4. Could he handle it and play at least next year on this team? ...

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
You really want to see Hackett with this team in front of him? I'd hive him a game or two, and that might be more telling for Enroth's future than Ryan Miller's.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
... I kinda want Darcy to bring up Hackett and audition him for the remainer of the season.

However.....

1. Would this be a blow to Hacketts development to play behind a crappy team like this?

2. Would this pretty much seal the fate of Ryan Miller in a Sabres uniform?

3. Would this be considered disrespectful to Miller?

4. Could he handle it and play at least next year on this team? ...

1- no need to bring up Hackett. That accomplishes nothing. If Miller isn't playing, Enroth should be. He has been a good soldier and deserves to see any time that Miller isn't taking.

2- You can all but bet Miller will demand a trade this off season. Let's hope it doesn't become public to hurt his value.

3- it would be very disrespectful if Miller wants to play. If not, then so be it.

4- If the Sabres make the decision to play either Enroth or Hackett, no, Miller wouldn't be fine with it.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
After watching the post-game, I think Miller wants out. Why not bring up Leggio and let him and Enroth split the remaining games, let Hackett play every night for the Amerks. I do think it would be rushing Hackett to bring him up now and we have stunted enough young guys the last few years.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'd rather have Hackett go through the playoffs.

I hadn't thought of that...but... how much time has he been getting down there tho'? I thought I read somewhere that the Amerks coach thinks Leggio should be considered for AHL MVP ... ?

Seems he's still entrenched as the starter.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I hadn't thought of that...but... how much time has he been getting down there tho'? I thought I read somewhere that the Amerks coach thinks Leggio should be considered for AHL MVP ... ?

Seems he's still entrenched as the starter.

Even as a backup I'd still rather have him down there. Going through the playoffs will be better for him than getting absolutely lit up with the Sabres.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I vote for keep grinding Miller. This may very well be the last games as a Sabre. Playing him won't help or hurt his trade value so just end the season playing him.

Keep Hackett where he is.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
What spot does Hackett have? The trade deadline has already passed, so what spot does Hackett present us on the big league roster moving forward?

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
This is more Hackett speculation than anything about Miller. But Miller and his vagine-tine aside, I'd give Hackett a few starts. Why not?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Did you know? " Millllllllll-lllllller knew he was trouble when he walllllkkkkkeeeeddddd iiiiiiiinnnn. Shame on him naaaaahaaooooowwww. "

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
This is more Hackett speculation than anything about Miller. But Miller and his vagine-tine aside, I'd give Hackett a few starts. Why not?

It's not surprising that a competitive athlete is frustrated with such a situation. I would be bothered if he was not. Not sure why that is such an issue with a few.

As for Hackett, I do not think bringing him up and playing a few games is the best thing to do. The Sabres defense right now would not do much for any goalie's confidence. Leave him in Rochester for the playoffs. Give Enroth a few starts though, in these last games of the season.

RattleYourSabre

Jan 12, 2013
What would be best is if Miller, in the last five games of the season developed an "injury" such as a "sinus infection". That would allow Enroth to get a couple of starts and it would allow Leggio to get a few starts in the NHL.

That would also give Hackett some quality time in the AHL.

Then the Sabres season would end and Mr. Leggio would be sent back to Rochester to help them in net.

All of this would accomplish a few things:

1) Allow Leggio some NHL games to see if he's as good as his AHL MVP type season would indicate.
2) Allow Enroth to be "the man" for a little while to see how he handles it.
3) Give Hackett some valuable crunch time games in the AHL.
4) Give Miller an "out" for why he didn't play, so it doesn't look bad in the media spotlight.
5) Once the Sabres are done, it would allow Leggio back into the AHL to hopefully lead the Amerks deep into a playoff run.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
What would be best is if Miller, in the last five games of the season developed an "injury" such as a "sinus infection". That would allow Enroth to get a couple of starts and it would allow Leggio to get a few starts in the NHL.

Then the Sabres season would end and Mr. Leggio would be sent back to Rochester to help them in net.

1) Allow Leggio some NHL games to see if he's as good as his AHL MVP type season would indicate.
4) Give Miller an "out" for why he didn't play, so it doesn't look bad in the media spotlight.
5) Once the Sabres are done, it would allow Leggio back into the AHL to hopefully lead the Amerks deep into a playoff run.

I doubt Miller will go along with faking an injury/illness.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
After watching the post-game, I think Miller wants out. Why not bring up Leggio and let him and Enroth split the remaining games, let Hackett play every night for the Amerks. I do think it would be rushing Hackett to bring him up now and we have stunted enough young guys the last few years.

Judging Miller post game is dangerous, his prone to saying and doing stupid things. Remember as a rookie after getting blown out by Detroit? Cried in front of the Media. Not to mention the Kaleta incident earlier this season.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Even as a backup I'd still rather have him down there. Going through the playoffs will be better for him than getting absolutely lit up with the Sabres.

Go through the playoffs?

The way Darcy has setup the Amerks they are luck to even make the playoffs, likely will get swept if they do.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Judging Miller post game is dangerous, his prone to saying and doing stupid things. Remember as a rookie after getting blown out by Detroit? Cried in front of the Media. Not to mention the Kaleta incident earlier this season.

If you didn't see it; you might want to.

Dude looked so over this.

He's checked out.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY

5) If they even get in the playoffs. Without Leggio I doubt they make it.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
If you didn't see it; you might want to.

Dude looked so over this.

He's checked out.

Ah fair enough. Assume I can catch it on WGR or the Sabres site?

EDIT: Jesus. Watched Ott's, Millers and Myers post games. Jesus. Ott and Myers look pissed and Miller, as mentioned, just looks sick of this ****. Good to see Myers and Ott like that though.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It's not surprising that a competitive athlete is frustrated with such a situation. I would be bothered if he was not. Not sure why that is such an issue with a few.

As for Hackett, I do not think bringing him up and playing a few games is the best thing to do. The Sabres defense right now would not do much for any goalie's confidence. Leave him in Rochester for the playoffs. Give Enroth a few starts though, in these last games of the season.

Yeah, I think Hackett would be better served by a playoff run as well. He might not see a ton of games behind Leggio, but the experience would still be good. The Sabres will have plenty of time to look at him vs NHL competition over the summer.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Go through the playoffs?

The way Darcy has setup the Amerks they are luck to even make the playoffs, likely will get swept if they do.

And? Playoff experience of any kind > getting shelled behind an AHL defense in meaningless NHL games.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Ah fair enough. Assume I can catch it on WGR or the Sabres site?

EDIT: Jesus. Watched Ott's, Millers and Myers post games. Jesus. Ott and Myers look pissed and Miller, as mentioned, just looks sick of this ****. Good to see Myers and Ott like that though.

Honest to god here, but I feel like Miller doesn't feel like any effort should be put in. Ott and Myers are probably genuinely upset (I know Ott is, he is a true blue player...)

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Honest to god here, but I feel like Miller doesn't feel like any effort should be put in. Ott and Myers are probably genuinely upset (I know Ott is, he is a true blue player...)

Miller has been busting his ass all year, including last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad