Miller and Hayes?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I said this the other day. These guys are big strong Fast and skilled. There is nothing that tells me they are going away anytime soon. They are very good players. I see nothing in their games that tell me they'll fall off. If anything they've missed some slam dunks prob should have even more pts.

Both should be all stars this year.

I agree both should be starting to let their families know they won't be around during all star weekend.

I will say this and this is only thing that is a bit concerning. Hayes shooting% is 28%. He's barely taking over a shot per game. I'd like him to shoot more seeing once that shooting % invariably comes down, his goals are going to dry up unless he starts to shoot more. Miller on other hand, is at 16% which is a bit more reasonable and he's putting 2 shots on goal plus per game. I'd like him to shoot more as well.

So if I had to wager some cash on this. I'd say Hayes will not threaten the 30 goal mark. I'd think his goals scored will come down from his projected mid-30s to more like mid-20's while his assist totals come up from low 30's to high 30's. I just don't see Hayes all of a sudden shooting more tho that's what I'd like him to do.

Miller on other hand does have a 30 goal season in his stick and think he'll likely end up in the low 30's in goals and low 30's in assists. Mighty fine years for the both of them nevertheless....:)

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I think both will hit 45pts 100% unless a log injury happens. I think 55pts is reasonable. I think 70pts is where things would start being really shocking for me. Anything between 45-65 i think would match expectations at this point.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Miller and Hayes have both shown a very good work ethic. Games where they don't register on the points sheet, well that is pretty normal for all but the most elite talents. So far, both have shown that they have taken that next step. I am glad Hayes is here still. I was sick of him last year, and I don't beat myself up too hard because it didn't really look like Hayes was being too hard on himself either.
Miller has always looked like a player angry at himself when he lets himself down. I love that. Good for Hayes to show that character too.

I fully agree on Hayes...he was extremely useless last season...wasted roster space because of his extra weight . Not what the club needed for sure . I am happy that he improved his off ice regimen and has such shown us skills he flashed in his first season.....although he is MUCH faster this season even more than season one . It is like he has stolen Kreider legs . The second effort put forward has shown up on the stat sheet . Nothing like some competition for roster spots to shape somebody up.....and maybe he was reading here on what some of us thought about him.....maybe even read about the Chara trade LOL....;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad