Rumor: Miles Wood and Devils not having contract discussions right now

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Probably a similar situation with Severson last year. Devils gave him short and long term offers and the ball was in Severson's court with which route he preferred.

And as I understand it, Wood is not eligible to sign an offer sheet due since he doesn't meet the service time (three pro seasons) requirements.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There sure seems to be a sizeable amount of bigger name players without deals right now, especially with some camps opening tomorrow.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Would be nice if they got him signed. One of the fastest skaters in the NHL, still some room to grow, has good size with that speed and his hands caught up to his a feet a bit more than the year before. A player you should want to keep.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Zacha, Bratt, Wood, First for extended Karlsson.

What do you devils/sens fans think?

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Zacha, Bratt, Wood, First for extended Karlsson.

What do you devils/sens fans think?

Devils trade three third liners and a mid-first for the best defenceman in the NHL?

I mean while I wouldn't put it past the Sens I'm gonna say probably not.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Is it bad that I have no idea who this is?

Maybe still obscure outside of New Jersey, but Wood had a reasonably productive 2nd full NHL season. His 16 even strength goals were on par with guys like Joe Pavelski, Anthony Mantha, Jake Guentzel, William Nylander, amongst others. Tremendous speed, but his hands/hockey sense are still catching up to put it nicely.

I can understand why it's a weird contract to negotiate. Wood put up those numbers usually playing bottom six minutes, so his agent is probably projecting him to do better with more ice time in the future.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Wood would be on any team's radar if he were available. Anaheim should be interested.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I heard they both agreed to 2 year bridge deal they just can't agree on the dollar. Miles Wood might be asking a bit much cause he got 19 goals last year and was a sufficient 5 on 5 goal scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad