Mileage upgrade

disneybuff

Dec 20, 2013
I recently leased a new car and took the 20,000 km per year. About a month after having the car I switched jobs and now drive about 78 km per day 5 days per week so 18,720 km per year just driving to and from work leaving not much left over for leisure driving. I looked online and everything I’m seeing says that leasing companies will not renegotiate mileage allowance after the lease has been signed. So my question is has anyone ever successfully upgrade (with an extra cost I’m sure) their yearly km allowance?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Never did it, but 7ish years ago when I was conned into leasing an Odyssey by my other half at the time, I vividly remember the dealer telling me that if I was gonna go over to call him asap. From what he described it was essentially prepaying the overage, and the figure he quoted was "usually about half" the cost of waiting until you turn it in. So if they said you were gonna pay 20c a mile, maybe you can prepay for your overage at 10c now.

Then again, if you prepay the overage now and don't even use it, you paid for nothing. I would call and ask, but don't forget that they have way more leverage at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad