MiLB's Kane County Cougars get new logos, jerseys

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'm a little interested in this team, because the Midwest League Kane County Cougars is the Class A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Cougars just got a new logo and jerseys to replace a roundel that has just become dated and stale. Here's the MiLB article.

Kane_COunty_940_a15gduut_p09ss8in.jpg

Kane_County_Cougars_ir867632_b1me6a4x.jpg

KC_logos_0zjawn9j_k8yfksw0.jpg

Good work by Studio Simon, although the whole design is borderline Brandiose.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Yep. Standard low minors fare.

The old logo was just so...out of time and place that I had a sort of affinity for it, but I'm shocked it took this long to change it.

Pretty much my feelings too. Every time I saw the Cougars old logo it just struck me as being so firmly stuck in the early '90s. I'm also shocked it took them this long to rebrand.

Aside from the teams who use their MLB affiliates name/logo, which team is in most need of a brand/logo refresh? My money's on one of the following:

250px-Portland_Sea_Dogs.svg.png

800px-TriCities.png

Missoula_Osprey.PNG

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Osprey just need to ditch the primary logo...it basically only exists as a formality anyway, like the Pirates phasing out the Pirate-head logo. The alternate logo, which is just the bird with the fish in its talons, is almost exclusively used in marketing material and merchandise.

Not a great logo by any stretch, but ditching the script and awful background makes it a run of the mill low minor league logo rather than something scribbled down on a cocktail napkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad