Milan Michalek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Where would you slot Michalek's talent. Is he in the same top end category as Staal, Horton and Zherdev. Or would you slot him in more in the second tier with Parise, Carter and Kastitsyn? How much potential does he have?

Does he have the potential to simply be a shut down guy in the show or a superstar?

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Chuckalinsky said:
Where would you slot Michalek's talent. Is he in the same top end category as Staal, Horton and Zherdev. Or would you slot him in more in the second tier with Parise, Carter and Kastitsyn? How much potential does he have?

Does he have the potential to simply be a shut down guy in the show or a superstar?
I say that the guys you listed are about equal, I don't think anyone there is significantly above the others. Michalek has All-Star potential, and is a GREAT two-way player. He should be a first liner, depending on how his offense develops. I think that he is a great player, and will be a great asset to the Sharks for years.

X-SHARKIE

He’ll be on the first line with Patrick Marleau, and likely Marco Sturm this coming year, and for alonggg time. He is the definition of the perfect player for Marleau to feed off of. He has elite talent, the only reason he wasn’t a higher draft pick is because the guys ahead of him put in better numbers. Michalek had the skill to be a #1 overall pick , but he had a disapointing season. Just watch him play against Fleury, and others at the 2003 WJC’s. You’ll see his skill.
If he has knee problems this coming up year, 8 months away from pro hockey. Then I’ll be conserned. At the moment though I’m not to worried. He’s a very strong, strong man.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Thanks for the imput X-Sharkie. Opinion isn't a little bias though? (Sharks fan) I do agree...I'm just worried that when two-way player is mentioned in a players name it can sometimes mean that he is more defensice than offensive. Then that player turns into a shut down guy like Alyn MacCauley for example. Hopefully Milan lights the lamp though.

Game Misconduct

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
I know I am in the minority here, and maybe some will think I'm crazy, but I thought he was drafted way too high. I do not see him making any significant offensive impact, and wouldn't have taken him until the second round. If then!

Call me crazy, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

X-SHARKIE

Game Misconduct said:
I know I am in the minority here, and maybe some will think I'm crazy, but I thought he was drafted way too high. I do not see him making any significant offensive impact, and wouldn't have taken him until the second round. If then!

Call me crazy, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You're a Kings fan, I'm not sold on Brian Boyle and Tambellini who you think is hot stuff likely.

Next year Michalek well make you believe my friend.

Last edited:

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Remember
early last year this guy was a long shot for the #1 pick but because of his poor seasone his stop droped, if you want to put it that way.

He has the skill but he is very unselfish. If he lives up to his potential, he will be the most valuable player on this team inc marleau,sturm, stuart ext

Game Misconduct

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
You're a Kings fan, I'm not sold on Brian Boyle and Tambellini who you think is hot stuff likely.

Next year Michalek well make you believe my friend.

I formed my opinions about him before he was drafted, not after. From watching him play. ;)

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Game Misconduct said:
I formed my opinions about him before he was drafted,not after. From watching him play. ;)

Where exactly did you see Michalek play before he was drafted that let you get a good read on his game? PLEASE do not tell me that all you've seen of him is a game or two at the WJCs.

As fas the topic is concerned: I absolutely love Milan Michalek. I think he can be a Jere Lehtinen-type player with more offense.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Maybe i'm wrong, but for what i remember Michalek suffered two successive ACL on the same knee! Unfortunately, i think for now the question should be if he will be able to be a regular in the NHL in the future with that awful misfortune.
I mean, it looks to me that in this thread his injury situation has been truly underrated. 2 ACL on the same knee for a youngster it's a great handicap to overcome, that has little to do with the fact Michalek looked great before.
We just can HOPE he will fully recover and not have further problems on that knee in the future.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
helicecopter said:
Maybe i'm wrong, but for what i remember Michalek suffered two successive ACL on the same knee! Unfortunately, i think for now the question should be if he will be able to be a regular in the NHL in the future with that awful misfortune.
I mean, it looks to me that in this thread his injury situation has been truly underrated. 2 ACL on the same knee for a youngster it's a great handicap to overcome, that has little to do with the fact Michalek looked great before.
We just can HOPE he will fully recover and not have further problems on that knee in the future.

Look at Saku Koivu and how much it slow down is offensive abilities he didnt trust is knees for a LONGGGG time, finally seem be getting more confortable and being a more aggresive skater wich he didnt do as much.. Koivu had star potential and now he is good but not a top10 players. knees injuries are career breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad