Milan Michalek the playmaker.

General Granny*

Milo

5GP 1G 4A 5P

Leads the team in assists lol.

I have been watching him closely this season and it seems he is a bit more patient with the puck than past seasons, and instead of just shooting it right away he is looking around the ice first before making a descion with the puck, the tunnel vision syndrome seems to be not there in these 5 games.

Is it mostly because they have had Silver on their line and hes counted on the guy to shoot while Milo gets him the puck.

I know this is only 5 games but its a bit weird.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Look at this numbers with San Jose before joining the Sens. He is a capable playmaker.

That being said, I don't think we can categorize any of those assists as anything more than the simple (and right) play. The long pass to Spezza was a strange one as the Penguin missed it completely.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Love the guy but...he always goes offside, and i've also noticed a few high stick calls on him as well.

No real biggie I guess, it just seems stupid.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not good enough of a puck handler to ever be a playmaker. Seriosuly though look at his assists.

FLA - Silfverberg goal, pushes puck to spezza
FLA -Spezza goal, chip out of zone to silfverberg that goes to spezza, EN goal
TBL- Karlsson goal, simple pass to the blueline
PIT- Greening goal, breakout pass to Spezza

Michalek is a good player but will never be known for his playmaking abilities.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Lets not call his assist last night a breakout pass... He passed it directly to Malkin... Malkin just missed it and it got to Spezza.

But... Points are points

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lets not call his assist last night a breakout pass... He passed it directly to Malkin... Malkin just missed it and it got to Spezza.

But... Points are points

I mean the pass was ahead of spezza and ended up going through Malkin but it was a breakout pass directed for Spezza.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Didn't like his game yesterday and would not have chosen him in the shootout. I am not seeing his speed which si what he needs to get better gaps. No matter how you cut it, the cirst 10 games will be a challenge for him and others to get into NHL game shape.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He's really not a good passer, and not at all a playmaker for others. He may be picking up assists here and there, but we all know an assist on a play can have little to do with your contribution as playmaker.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Sure the guy is finding the "easy" assist but what has impressed me the most is his ability on the boards. Michalek has become quite confident on the boards and quite often has fought off several players to get the puck to Spezza who then makes the play leading to the goal.

Very impressed by him thus far.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Michalek has the ability to be a playmaker. Its just that he had to change his game due to the knee injuries.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I thought he was more of a playmaker last night, probably because Greening opened up some space for him and Colin surely won't be one to carry the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad