Milan Jurcina

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm just curious to know your honest assessment of Milan Jurcina... Is he really as bad as his numbers indicate from last season? I ask as the Sens are in need of veteran bodies on the backend and there are reports that we are interested in him. I've always seen Jurcina as a big bodied serviceable 6-7th D but if I go by last year he seems like he was completely awful compared from what I remember.

Thoughts?

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
I'm just curious to know your honest assessment of Milan Jurcina... Is he really as bad as his numbers indicate from last season? I ask as the Sens are in need of veteran bodies on the backend and there are reports that we are interested in him. I've always seen Jurcina as a big bodied serviceable 6-7th D but if I go by last year he seems like he was completely awful compared from what I remember.

Thoughts?

Save yourself:help::help::help: Extremely slow and useless, for such a big man, he hardly ever gets physical.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I thought Jurcina was good 2 years ago but last season he was average at best(although maybe not as bad as his numbers say). At the right price I would take a chance for a #6 guy

It should be pointed out the guy seems to be really injury prone

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He has a big frame, big shot, and can deliver big blows. The problem is his mobility is bad which leads him to being out of position. He is not a smart player and doesn't think the game well. Even though he can hit well, he just never made it a staple to his game and his shot is big and low like I said but he never has time to get it off and get it on net. He is not as bad as his numbers indicate but at this point he is really a depth defenseman at best.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Think of Zdeno Chara without the positives.

Milan does have a hard shot and a long reach.......and literally nothing else. But for a 7 th man, why not.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Don't ask him to fill a top 4 role.

Right now our Top 4 consists of Karlsson, Gonchar, Phillips, and Methot. It's the bottom 2-3 spots that are lacking any veteran presence as Lundin is injured to start the season meaning we'd be playing 3 rookies from Bingo to fill those spots so we most definitely need someone back there... There has been talks of trading for someone or a free agent signing and so far the only names mentioned have been Jurcina, C.White and Huskins.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Right now our Top 4 consists of Karlsson, Gonchar, Phillips, and Methot. It's the bottom 2-3 spots that are lacking any veteran presence as Lundin is injured to start the season meaning we'd be playing 3 rookies from Bingo to fill those spots so we most definitely need someone back there... There has been talks of trading for someone or a free agent signing and so far the only names mentioned have been Jurcina, C.White and Huskins.

I'd take Jurcina in a 3rd pairing role.

The isles simply had a weak D and asked him and several other aging vets, to do more then they are capable of at this point.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
For every good decision Jurcina makes-he makes 3 boneheaded ones. I always thought he was awful from his first year with the Isles. And let's be honest here: he's a 3rd pairing on a bottom-5 defense at best.

startainfection*

last season was awful but the season before that he did everything he was asked of and more except staying healthy and his physicality is very under rated by isles fans

KyleBailey12

Jul 3, 2010
New York
Serviceable 6 or 7 guy with a shot that you could use on second powerplay.

A lot of Juice hate and I understand, but if I recall correctly the Isles had a better record when he played then when he didn't. I couldn't find anything on it, but I can't stop thinking of the graphic they showed when talking about him.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Serviceable 6 or 7 guy with a shot that you could use on second powerplay.

A lot of Juice hate and I understand, but if I recall correctly the Isles had a better record when he played then when he didn't. I couldn't find anything on it, but I can't stop thinking of the graphic they showed when talking about him.

True, the Isles had a great record with Jurcina in the lineup. I think it was two years ago, he was hurt when theI sles won 1 of 26, when JT only had 3-4 goals.

But I always thought Jurcina was a #7 at best.

For every good decision Jurcina makes-he makes 3 boneheaded ones. I always thought he was awful from his first year with the Isles. And let's be honest here: he's a 3rd pairing on a bottom-5 defense at best.

The more he's on the ice, the more the team is exposed. He's too slow, reads the play poorly, is terrible at decisions and can't make a first pass. There are better options out there than Jurcina, that's for sure.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
2 years ago he was a pleasant surprise, last year he was beyond brutal. Basically what you're getting is a gigantic man who is physical in his own way (rubs people out better than most in the NHL but leaves you wanting more) and has a bomb of a shot but is usually blocked but leaves that player broken from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad