Trade: [MIL/PHX/POR] Lillard to MIL; Holiday, Ayton, Camara, ‘29 1st, ‘28 and ‘30 swaps to POR, Nurkic, Allen, Little, Johnson to PHX

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not sure how Butler is claiming “tampering”

The only one guilty of “tampering” was Lillards frigan agent essentially tanking his value with his quotes.

So happy he didn’t get his preferred destination. Couldn’t stand what his agent came out and said.

Lol yea pretty ironic for a Heat player to claim there was tampering.

Next time tell your boss Riley to be more aggressive and not just assume your were going to get a star player.

The NBA always delivers with these big trades.

Great for Milwaukee obviously. Not sure what to make of it for Portland, I guess they REALLY like Ayton and I have no idea what the Suns are doing.

Suns have no depth and no cap space to acquire any. Ayton was the 4th highest paid guy and they figured they could flip him for some guys off the bench.

Reactions: Elvis P

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So they threw Nurkic as well and got nothing back. I'm sure they'll flip Holiday for another 1st, and lottery ticket type guys but still.

Woulda been better off with Herro and what ever else Miami offered.

It was Herro + a 1st round pick I believe.

Portland already has a bunch of guards. Would've been hard to fit him in between Henderson, Simmons and Sharpe. Hes better than their bench guys like Johnson & Thybulle but still.

Also, I bet you Portland was pretty ticked off about his Miami only demands so they did their best to not send him there without running the risk of him refusing to report elsewhere.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Are you franking serious?

Dame’s agent:
They did everything they could to acquire Dame. It takes two to get a deal done I guess. I appreciate all that Pat, Andy and Micky did for us”

Why the hell are you thanking Miami????

Could this guys agent try to be a little less obvious with the tampering

Reactions: Voight and Elvis P

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Nothing sweeter than seeing Miami and their spoiled ass franchise and fanbase fall flat on their face for another star.

I also doubly love Milwaukee giving Miami double middle fingers by taking Lillard, and also taking Giannis off the board a few years from now

Dame’s agent:
They did everything they could to acquire Dame. It takes two to get a deal done I guess. I appreciate all that Pat, Andy and Micky did for us”

yeah this quote is a joke. League should fine this agent for this nonsense

So they threw Nurkic as well and got nothing back. I'm sure they'll flip Holiday for another 1st, and lottery ticket type guys but still.

Woulda been better off with Herro and what ever else Miami offered.
Nurkic is made of glass and can’t defend for his life. Plus Portland wanted to get rid of his salary. They clearly like Ayton more, which they should because he’s better.

The picks they’ll get back for Holiday makes this deal way better than what Miami would have given. No team wants Miami’s bag of garbage.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Bucks will be fun to watch but they won't be as good as the 20-21 team.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it'll be real interesting to see where ayton goes from here after mailing it in with the suns the last couple seasons

Sep 19, 2008
I'm an extremely casual NBA fan, consider it the worst of the 4 major sports, but this to me reeks of collusion and buddy buddy shit. Another super team in the works?

Nobody in the NBA not even the fans wants to see super teams. Yes, Vegas built a super team, but they didn't do it like this. Not all the talent in the world clamored to play there. Vegas took misfits and castoffs from other teams. This isn't happening here.

We didn't like that shit when Golden State did it and Miami did it, and we sure as f*** don't like it when the Nets tried, now the Milwaukee Bucks are trying because Giannis will walk from his 10 year contract (didn't he literally sign a supermax a few years ago) if they don't contend. I mean what's going on here.

The Bucks will be fun to watch but they won't be as good as the 20-21 team.
I still marvel at how one star propelled them to the title. That never happens.

Now they want to give him more help. They won a title with him only.

"Kris Middleton am I a joke to you"

who's that?

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
I'm an extremely casual NBA fan, consider it the worst of the 4 major sports, but this to me reeks of collusion and buddy buddy shit. Another super team in the works?

Nobody in the NBA not even the fans wants to see super teams. Yes, Vegas built a super team, but they didn't do it like this. Not all the talent in the world clamored to play there. Vegas took misfits and castoffs from other teams. This isn't happening here.

We didn't like that shit when Golden State did it and Miami did it, and we sure as f*** don't like it when the Nets tried, now the Milwaukee Bucks are trying because Giannis will walk from his 10 year contract (didn't he literally sign a supermax a few years ago) if they don't contend. I mean what's going on here.

I still marvel at how one star propelled them to the title. That never happens.

Now they want to give him more help. They won a title with him only.

"Kris Middleton am I a joke to you"

who's that?
they call it the league with the biggest divas in pro sports for a reason.. the nba is by far the least likable of the 4 sports in my opinion

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Dame’s agent:

Yea but according to Jimmy Buckets Milwaukee were the ones tampering :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bucks are obviously the big winner. Giannis and Dame together is just ridiculous.

Blazers get an incomplete for now until we see what happens with Jrue. Right now the trade looks bad IMO.

Not sure what the Suns are doing. Ayton has issues and they clearly couldn't count on him but Nurkic is terrible and looks completely washed. They do add more depth though so I guess that's what they were going for.

Sucks for Miami and they do need to do something but ultimately they'll be fine, they always are. Jimmy's troll game is on point as usual and all of you are taking the bait thinking he's serious. Hilarious.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I like Jrue's profile

Super jack of all trades, great defensive players, makes clutch plays

Dame is the superior offensive player obviously and I understand the move given Middleton's injury history, and Dame and Giannis will work well together

they call it the league with the biggest divas in pro sports for a reason.. the nba is by far the least likable of the 4 sports in my opinion
Baseball is a sport?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Bucks are obviously the big winner. Giannis and Dame together is just ridiculous.

Blazers get an incomplete for now until we see what happens with Jrue. Right now the trade looks bad IMO.

Not sure what the Suns are doing. Ayton has issues and they clearly couldn't count on him but Nurkic is terrible and looks completely washed. They do add more depth though so I guess that's what they were going for.

Sucks for Miami and they do need to do something but ultimately they'll be fine, they always are. Jimmy's troll game is on point as usual and all of you are taking the bait thinking he's serious. Hilarious.
nurkic isn't really a bad get for phoenix at all. with so many weapons on offense, nurkic can just focus on being a paint presence grabbing rebounds and disrupting shots. no need for his offense when you have beal, KD, and booker. plus, he's already an upgrade over ayton because he won't be mailing it in like ayton did the last few seasons. plus, nurkic takes those matchups against jokic personally

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
nurkic isn't really a bad get for phoenix at all. with so many weapons on offense, nurkic can just focus on being a paint presence grabbing rebounds and disrupting shots. no need for his offense when you have beal, KD, and booker. plus, he's already an upgrade over ayton because he won't be mailing it in like ayton did the last few seasons. plus, nurkic takes those matchups against jokic personally

Nurkic was a liability last season. If you want to say it's the calf(?) injury or being on a bad team that's fine but if he looks anything like that for the Suns then it's going to be bad. Ayton was better than him both offensively, which is a given, but defensively as well.

Jokic is tearing that ass up no problem either way.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Nurkic was a liability last season. If you want to say it's the calf(?) injury or being on a bad team that's fine but if he looks anything like that for the Suns then it's going to be bad. Ayton was better than him both offensively, which is a given, but defensively as well.

well yeah, he's not going to stop him but he'll play him a lot better than ayton's sorry ass would. ayton's one of the softest, most unengaged big men i've ever watched. maybe that'll change with a change of scenery

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

NHL franchise like Toronto or the Rangers would love to have super teams but it's way harder to have a super team with 19 starters vs 5 starters in the NBA.

I am not a NBA fan but I like them having franchise players traded every off-season. This rarely happen in the NHL. The only aggressive teams on the trading front the past few seasons have been Florida, Vegas and Tampa Bay. All the other one only makes small changes here and there.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Joker is my favorite non-Spur

Has been since his rookie year, I've always preferred team oriented superstars/great passers to iso scorers (I was never a fan of MJ or Kobe even though they were amazing players and competitors, and Kobe was a great rival)

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

There's a lot there. Apparently Dame rescinded his trade request when he realized Portland wasn't going to play ball with Miami and they told him there's no coming back now. We're only getting Dame's side here but Cronin comes off as such a snake.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

There's a lot there. Apparently Dame rescinded his trade request when he realized Portland wasn't going to play ball with Miami and they told him there's no coming back now. We're only getting Dame's side here but Cronin comes off as such a snake.

I don’t know.

Dames side by all the rumours handled this trade request really badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad