Mikko Rantanen with a shot at Tyson Barrie

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
The media is going crazy swinging people’s words this year, eh?

Or is there really just more salt to go around now?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sounds like a joke to me

although i would've loved it if rantanen was being serious because **** tyson barrie

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
The joke is funny. If I was the GM,I would call both Ratanen and Barrie up, and ask them why being -25 is so funny? Wheres the humor in that? Last place and those guys are cracking jokes about how bad they are?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The joke is funny. If I was the GM,I would call both Ratanen and Barrie up, and ask them why being -25 is so funny? Wheres the humor in that? Last place and those guys are cracking jokes about how bad they are?

That's some strong leadership there buddy. You should tots apply for the gig.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Obviously it is joke, maybe there are some people who don't get it.:laugh: And there is for sure some NHL'ers who wouldn't get that joke. Probably Barrie gets it. I'm sure Sakic and those guys wouldn't really laugh at it tho. They have a huge roles and must stand behind those results, the players can't really think "Well I'm the only one responsible". Not saying Sakic or Bednar was responsible, but anyways.

But these 'grey area' jokes are the best, when there's some truth to them.

Last edited:

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016

If I was Barrie or Rantanen, I'd ask my GM the same questions.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
I think Barrie is just that guy who gets ribbed a lot by his teammates, but it's all done good-naturedly. His nickname amongst his teammates is T-Boobs. :laugh:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Jokes like this only work when the person delivering them didn't happen to finish -25 for the season.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

He should trade both to Wpeg to teach them a lesson.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:laugh: that's hilarious and a bit surprising from Mikko. I always got the impression he was more on the quiet side from interviews and other stuff but I wonder if that's maybe just because he's not completely comfortable speaking English yet.

Either way that's a fantastic jab, and Tyson definitely will have enjoyed that one.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Seems like a joke to me, and a funny one.

I wish it weren't though, because that would be awesome. Can you imagine? Hahahaha

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
:laugh: that's hilarious and a bit surprising from Mikko. I always got the impression he was more on the quiet side from interviews and other stuff but I wonder if that's maybe just because he's not completely comfortable speaking English yet.

Either way that's a fantastic jab, and Tyson definitely will have enjoyed that one.
Many Finns have that quality: while often quiet, when they open their mouth it's worth listening to, were it a serious comment or a unexpected joke.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Wow a rookie disrespecting a veteran teammate. Who does this kid think he is. In my day we would have tied him to a tree in bear country covered head to toe in honey. Slap that **** right out of him.

This is why the Avs suck, they have nobody who is going to take it upon themselves to organize these team building exercises.

shave all his pubic hair off

throw his track suit in the shower

nobody on the team shows up to the grand opening of the hospital wing he donated

and also, how dare mikko rantanen besmirch winnipeg like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad