Value of: Mikko Koivu to Bruins

Ryanfrancis4426

Jan 9, 2010
Abington, MA
I know Koivu has been down for a bit but I’ve always loved his game. Wild would eat 50% of this last season on his deal. I’d love him at 3C for the Bs. Allowing Coyle to jump up to Krejci’s RW.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Coyle
Bjork-Koivu-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

what would it take Wild fans?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The biggest issue is him waiving I would imagine. I do like Coyle at 3C and would prefer not to jerk him around like the Wild did.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't even know what Koivu would command in a trade. He's a defensively sound center that won't bring a lot of offense. He'd be really good if you have two wingers that think defense is optional. If you want the Wild to eat half his salary then I'd imagine it would be a high draft pick or top (non-elite) prospect. I hope he retires as a member of the Wild, but I also want him to get a Cup. He deserves it.

Reactions: Golden Gophers 4649

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't even know what Koivu would command in a trade. He's a defensively sound center that won't bring a lot of offense. He'd be really good if you have two wingers that think defense is optional. If you want the Wild to eat half his salary then I'd imagine it would be a high draft pick or top (non-elite) prospect. I hope he retires as a member of the Wild, but I also want him to get a Cup. He deserves it.
Do you think he's done at the end of the year or will he sign 1 more 1 or 2 year contract?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I would think at this point in his career, and given his contract status, that he would be worth less than Coyle was.

If he was willing to waive of course.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Would someone pay a 1st, even if it's late, for a 36 year old UFA though? As good as he may still be.
Think a 2nd + mid level prospect is more in line no?
One of the best defensive centers in the world? Yes, playoff teams would line up to offer their 1st for a player like that

Reactions: Nsjohnson

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I could see conditions on winning rounds, but not on re-signing. I also think that there would be a team out there that would give up their first straight up.

Ya there could be one or two at most. Depends on team fit and needs of course.
Just rare for teams giving up a 1st now for UFA's and even more rare for a 36 year old.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Coyle is the ideal 3C, this makes no sense for the Bruins. Just need a natural winger.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Mikko wants to chase a Cup at the TDL then you let him, and don’t quibble about the price. If the B’s need us to eat some salary to make it happen, then you do it. So, either a 2nd, or a 2nd+.
I don’t see him re-signing with the Bruins, but you never know.

All this is assuming that the Wild are out of the playoffs at the TDL. If they are a playoff team, then no deal.
Oh, and I’m a Coyle fan, but Koivu is still better.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As others have said, if there isn't at least a 1st coming back, I'm not even going to ask him to waive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad