Value of: Mikkel Boedker

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
Speedy winger, got 6 points in 10 playoffs games this year.

He has 2 years remaining out of his 4-year, 16 millions deal.

What could be his value?

I would be curious to see him playing in the Eastern conference...

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Weird player. I always thought he'd breakout with a big offensive season but it never came.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Was proposed on the Sens board but how would Sharks fan feel about Gaborik (if he ends up on LTIR) and a small add for Boedker?

Gives the Sharks cap space to re-sign Kane and Thornton if they want and since Boedker's salary in real dollars goes down next year, he has an ideal contract for the Sens.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona has three 3rd round picks this year (Ari, Car, and Cgy). Any interest in one of them for Boedker? He and OEL are besties, and we’d love to get OEL re-signed pronto.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Was proposed on the Sens board but how would Sharks fan feel about Gaborik (if he ends up on LTIR) and a small add for Boedker?

Gives the Sharks cap space to re-sign Kane and Thornton if they want and since Boedker's salary in real dollars goes down next year, he has an ideal contract for the Sens.
No interest at all. If we aren't getting a 2nd for him we will keep him.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Arizona has three 3rd round picks this year (Ari, Car, and Cgy). Any interest in one of them for Boedker? He and OEL are besties, and we’d love to get OEL re-signed pronto.

What is the price on OEL if San Jose wants him?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Boedker played surprisingly decently the past few months. I’ve been among his biggest detractors but I no longer want to dump him. I’d prefer to trade him if we could get decent value back (I’ll take the Arizona 3rd, please and thank you), but I no longer consider him a cap dump.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Boedker played surprisingly decently the past few months. I’ve been among his biggest detractors but I no longer want to dump him. I’d prefer to trade him if we could get decent value back (I’ll take the Arizona 3rd, please and thank you), but I no longer consider him a cap dump.

I agree on all of this except the Arizona 3rd. He can obviously play and I like his skill set and how it translates to the playoffs. He is a .5 PPG player in the playoffs and I liked his play away from the puck too. I would rather just keep him tbh.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Bogosian for Boedkker? He’s good when he’s healthy, and definitely fits San Jose’s style of play.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I agree on all of this except the Arizona 3rd. He can obviously play and I like his skill set and how it translates to the playoffs. He is a .5 PPG player in the playoffs and I liked his play away from the puck too. I would rather just keep him tbh.

Boedker was also on a line with the two forwards who dragged this team kicking and screaming to a game 6. He had his moments for sure, but I don’t think he should be praised for his production.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I’d trade a Colorado 3rd 2018 and 2019.

Might be a little unlikely interest-wise because of Bodker turning down their contract offer before, but if that’s put aside I think he’d be a good add who fits the teams identity of speed.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I’d trade a Colorado 3rd 2018 and 2019.

Might be a little unlikely interest-wise because of Bodker turning down their contract offer before, but if that’s put aside I think he’d be a good add who fits the teams identity of speed.

That is a horrible overpayment for a 28 year old winger that averages 33 points a season. HARD PASS from the Avs. A 3rd maybe, more likely worth only a 4th. But no way TWO 3rds. And the Avs would never trade for him after he spurned them for SJ after they traded for him.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Boedker's deal was frontloaded; He's due 3 million in each of his last two years. So that might be of interest to a budget team with ample cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad