Mikhail Yakubov and Pavel Vorobiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The Blackhawks had the 2 high first round picks (10th and 11th) in 2000 and they picked these two fellows. They have been pretty unlucky with these picks, correct me if I'm wrong, but is there any chance they will put up (big) numbers on the scoreboard in the future because statswise it seems like they don't excell ? Just wondering.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Yak might have made the team if there was a season. I think he's the better player at the moment.

I think both will make the NHL as 2nd or 3rd liners.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
when yakubov makes it (and imo he will) i wouldn't expect big points anyway. i can see him as a pretty good up and down centerman with size and checking abilities, who can center an offensive winger sometimes and chip in some dirty goals

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Vorobiev appears to be having a hell of a time adjusting to the NA game.

Slowe

Feb 8, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
Not only has Vorobiev had trouble with the NA game, he never truly recovered from his knee surgery. His bio says he's aggressive and physical. Ask any hawk fan who watched him and you'd hear that element of his game is...a little lacking, to be polite. Yawney has said this year is absolutely crucial for both. If they can't rise to it this year, then their place in the depth chart will take a serious hit.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Wouldnt they contemplate returning to Russia to make better money than struggling through on the AHL circuit ?

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I think Yaks will make it as a decent 2nd line center. Its far from his original potential, but I think he can still be an asset. Im still unsure about Vorobiev. If he puts up the numbers of a 3rd liner and plays a soft game, he isnt going to have much value.

But hey, Mikov Smithov said both these guys were leaps and bounds ahead of Frolov when he drafted them :banghead: :mad: :madfire:

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
theBob said:
I think Yaks will make it as a decent 2nd line center. Its far from his original potential, but I think he can still be an asset. Im still unsure about Vorobiev. If he puts up the numbers of a 3rd liner and plays a soft game, he isnt going to have much value.

But hey, Mikov Smithov said both these guys were leaps and bounds ahead of Frolov when he drafted them :banghead: :mad: :madfire:

Ouch :eek:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
andora said:
when yakubov makes it (and imo he will) i wouldn't expect big points anyway. i can see him as a pretty good up and down centerman with size and checking abilities, who can center an offensive winger sometimes and chip in some dirty goals

sounds like vasicek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad