Speculation: Mikhail Grigorenko

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
looks to be breaking out in the KHL
30-10-21-31 +25

He’s three years older then Kirill Kaprizov who plays on the same team and many consider to be a top 10 prospect (31-14-9-23 +21)

Can Grigorenko be a 10-15G 35-40A player... I think he’ll get another shot at the nhl

Kaprizov and Grigorenko are in different situations all together, so I Don’t like the comparison. First, kaprizov is 3 years younger and has a different skill set. Grigorenko plays a finesse skill game that very seldom transfers to the NHL level. Kaprizov plays a hard nosed, male the right plays and get rewarded type game. Kaprizov is a goal scorer, Grigorenko is a playmaker. Not to mention, the coach of Kaprizov Russian team doesn’t play him advanced much in situations that would make him shine because they don’t want him to get lured away to the NHL. They think if he doesn’t produce that the wild won’t go hard for him.

Grigorenko isn’t the type of player who would work at the NHL level. Everyone is just too god defensively.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Grigorenko is very slow and hates contact. Less big deals on larger ice, more limiting in the NHL. If an NHL team wants to give it a shot, sure, but my expectations would be low.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Any chance he comes back?

Best scorer on the best team in the league (and Gagarin Cup winner), 1st in playoff scoring as well.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He didn't look very impressive at WHC. On the other hand, who did on Russian team, aside from Kucherov, Gusev, Dadonov and goalies? Not Malkin, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Kaprizov for sure...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He wasn't very good for us this year until the very end of the season when he caught fire a bit with Roslovic and Bemstrom. Wish him well. Just not an NHLer.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Big guy with some skill who plays like a small perimeter player. He has it in him to be a player but has to learn to get to the dirty area's to be a full time NHLer

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad