Confirmed with Link: Mike Yeo Fired; John Torchetti Hired as Interim Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeo wasn't able to make the team respnd anymore. That, and I think he got a bit lazy over the summer. Didn't prepare for the new OT rules.

He handles things with class. Had a few blind spots, but did OK.

Now, time to see what Fletcher can do.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Holy mother of god, it finally happened!!!

Yeo will be a good coach someday, but it was never gonna happen here. Not with the yearly slump.

Billy Mays Here*

God dammit, was hoping he would be here through the end of the season and help us tank some more. Oh well, here comes the inevitable winning streak to sneak into the playoffs only to get spanked by the Hawks again.

Well it wasn't all on Yeo, but even with a different coach did you ever actually see this team making a run in the playoffs? They're not talented enough.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Good luck, Yeo. Sucks that he wasn't able to correct his few un-ignorable issues, but this has to be seen as the right move for the team.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
BTW, can we talk about the guy who broke the story? LOL random Pitt guy? I know he has some followers and he writes or whatever but it was random. And yes, I know Mike helped in Pitt.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
ding-dong-the-witch-is-dead-o.gif

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead!!!!!

Seriously though... Yeo is a good guy and he's not a bad coach... he just hit his own developmental wall as a coach and he needed this to give him something to think about so he can become a better coach down the road. Good luck with your future endeavors Yeo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad