TBN: Mike Weber Masterton Nominee

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres · 36m 36 minutes ago

Kaleta says on @SabresHotline that Weber handed him a jersey with an "A" on it & said, "Here you go, Patty, it's yours the rest of the way."

Sounds like something the leader of a lockerroom would do.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Maybe the local "hockey beat" reporters praising him for speaking out against the fans. I'm no conspiracy theorist but, the local media have been pretty blatant about scolding fans. Frankly, agree or disagree with the tank, they can go duck themselves for it.

I actually like Web but, did he think he would get sympathy from tortured loyal fans? Congrats on making the international media by embarrassing your fans, SFB.

Agreed. These are the same people that scolded us for contining to buy tickets when the team wasn't making improvements. They're advice on how to be a fan is unsolicited and of absolutely 0 value to me.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Agreed. These are the same people that scolded us for contining to buy tickets when the team wasn't making improvements. They're advice on how to be a fan is unsolicited and of absolutely 0 value to me.

And has nothing to do with Weber getting nominated for the Masterton award.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/patrick-kaleta-on-wearing-letter-it-really-means-the-world-to-me/

It was Wednesday morning, and before the Sabres hit the ice, Ted Nolan had some business to take care of in a team meeting. The coach handed Mike Weber a jersey, which the defenseman then tossed to winger Patrick Kaleta.The jersey was Kaleta’s No. 36 with an ‘A’ stitched on it, meaning Weber wanted the heart-and-soul player to take over his alternate captaincy.Emotion overwhelmed Kaleta. The 28-year-old Angola native had tears in his eyes.“I was at a loss for words,†a proud Kaleta said today inside the First Niagara Center. “I don’t really know how to describe it. You dream your whole life to play for the Buffalo Sabres. Now that you’re playing for them, getting an ‘A’ is like another dream come true that you work your life toward.“I’m just honored and try to do my best to represent the team and city of Buffalo as best I can. It’s an unreal expeience for me.â€

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I do not know what is sadder. The fact Kaleta now wears a letter or that Mike Weber had one in the first place. **** you Weber go to hell. Go play in front of 11,000 fans in the south if you didn't like us cultured educated fans cheering for long term success.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I do not know what is sadder. The fact Kaleta now wears a letter or that Mike Weber had one in the first place. **** you Weber go to hell. Go play in front of 11,000 fans in the south if you didn't like us cultured educated fans cheering for long term success.

Totes :rolleyes:

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

I'd have to tactfully (debatable) agree with the mafia on this one. Anyone in business or having a job or bought a Sabres anything, ever, understands how insulting and obnoxious his comments were. Waa waa, thanks a million but you hurt our feelings, jerks.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
And has nothing to do with Weber getting nominated for the Masterton award.

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't realize how far off topic I was taking it. If it's a problem, feel free to delete it.

I'm really happy to see Weber acknowledged. He is clearly a heart and sole guy. My STs are a few rows back on the side where the opponents shoot twice. I'll never forget seeing him block a shot with his leg one time and then continue to stay in the play, visibly wincing in pain until the puck cleared the zone. He cares about the team and I'm glad to see him get the nominee.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Okay let's not get hasty with our generalizations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad