Tribute Mike Vernon

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
With the induction to the HHOF coming on Monday, wondering if anyone has anything they'd like to share about former Panther, Mike Vernon.
I know he only played 34 games for the team, winning 18.
He was a vital part of the team's first playoff birth in 3 years in 2000 ( Along with some guy named Bure.)

* I'm trying hard to find video of him here, but with no success So Far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
2000-01-O-Pee-Chee-065_900x.jpg

mia2000010110-01-january-2000-miami-florida-usa-the-florida-panthers-newly-aquired-goalie-mike...jpg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Good goalie and loved watching him. Well deserved induction. Missed those stand up goalies and seeing a mix of styles. Now it's just 64 clones...

Only wish we didn't need him on the Panthers. Kidd getting injured by Worrell in a meaningless team skills competition is the most Panthers thing ever.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I was thinking last night; Panthers have had some excellent goaltending come through this organization.
Whether it's hall of famers (Luo, Vernon, Eddy) or just good goaltenders (Beezer, Vokoun, Thédore, Bob), this organization is spoiled.The Panthers are just used to always having good goaltending.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Good goalie and loved watching him. Well deserved induction. Missed those stand up goalies and seeing a mix of styles. Now it's just 64 clones...

Only wish we didn't need him on the Panthers. Kidd getting injured by Worrell in a meaningless team skills competition is the most Panthers thing ever.
I wish there was video of that stupid skills competition.

I was also thinking yestoday:
3 times the Panthers have been swept in the playoffs.
Twice to the eventual Stanley cup winners (COL '96, NJ '00) and once to the Stanley cup finalist (TB '22).

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad