Rumor: Mike Vecchione

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
No idea why he'd come here. He would have the least opportunity here.

You think? I see lots of question marks at the C position next year... TyJo trade? Vlad expansion draft? Drouin moving back to LW? Entire bottom six is more or less open for anybody right now. And you have to plan for injuries.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, our bottom six looks like an open competition next year. Even more so if we move Johnson. I'm hoping we don't do that and go with a lot of center depth, at least until Point's ELC is up, but even if we do keep Johnson, seems like there will be 3-4 spots worth competing over. No one expected Condra to wind up in the minors all year this year.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If he wants immediate playing time and a quick pay check, he could pick us. Pretty much follow JT Brown's path of joining a NHL team right away and burning the 1st of a 2 year deal.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
You think? I see lots of question marks at the C position next year... TyJo trade? Vlad expansion draft? Drouin moving back to LW? Entire bottom six is more or less open for anybody right now. And you have to plan for injuries.

We will already have Stamkos, Johnson/Namestnikov, and Point in the top 9. And that's not even including any camp surprises, free agent signings, or deserved promotions from Syracuse. Not to mention that I'm sure these guys see what most young talent has to go through to get playing time here. Space and opportunity better elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad