Recalled/Assigned: Mike Sgarbossa recalled from Springfield

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Kid had some pretty impressive juniors numbers, looks like maybe he just needed an opportunity to get comfortable, strong on the forecheck, strong on his stick and in the corners, makes the smart safe play, can pass and shoot.

I am cautiously hopeful.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I would add that he is a very confident player and take the puck without hesitation to, he hits, shoots and has a lot of grit to go with it. He is definetaly and upgrade by a long shot, very, very noticeable when he is on the ice.
Great find!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I would add that he is a very confident player and take the puck without hesitation to, he hits, shoots and has a lot of grit to go with it. He is definetaly and upgrade by a long shot, very, very noticeable when he is on the ice.
Great find!

He's the kind of guy who usually emerges on the Rangers or the Bruins or even the Islanders. And becomes a Marchand later on. Okay, that's a bit hyperbolic at this point but it would be nice for us to have someone like that pop up out of nowhere.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
To your point, i see this happen all over the league, why not us this time?
Bottom line, he is definetely an NHL player and has skills with grit.

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
Agreed. Sgarbossa seems very confident in the sense he doesn't ever do "too much". He keeps it simple most of the time, not afraid to go in front of the net or hit, and normally has a solid game. He's not lighting up the scoresheet all the time, but I don't mind him being in bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad