Recalled/Assigned: Mike Sgarbossa recalled from Springfield

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I think he's at almost a PPG pace in the AHL for us. We may have won that trade

Yeah 1 v 1 we probably won it but i still belive Sgarbossa is a career AHL'er. Good but not good enough!

And you have guys like Shane Harper who have scored 30 in that league so it does not tell you the whole story.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah 1 v 1 we probably won it but i still belive Sgarbossa is a career AHL'er. Good but not good enough!

And you have guys like Shane Harper who have scored 30 in that league so it does not tell you the whole story.

right, I'm not expecting much but he could have no points

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^Another guy who came to the AHL as an undrafted overage junior at 20 and dominated his first year with 44 pts in 57 games. This is usually a good indicator of whether a kid has any chance at playing in the NHL as a top 9 player. You are still a longshot to make it, but way ahead of the curve when compared to someone like McCann who has been mediocre.

Hopefully they put Nick up to C the top line. Malgin needs to go to the wing with Sgarbossa on the 3rd. :)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I've watched Springfield and like Sgarbossa a lot...to me, he's like Springfield's version of Barkov, definitely their best player and deserving of a call-up regardless. The way he skates, moves around the ice, carries the puck, all reminds me of Barkov and he's very smart, sees the ice well and plays at both ends.

Not saying he's going to come in and light up the NHL, just saying I like what I've seen from him, that he's better than Shaw by a longshot, and could surprise some people.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Griffith-Sgarbossa-Jagr new 1rst line. Oh boy! Watch out for the Panthers there about to set the league on fire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad