Mike Richards Going To Be Good In The Show??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
This kid is quick, hes not affraid, I agree he does remind me abit like Doug Gilmour, hes got so much Heart, I think he will make an impact with the Philidephia flyers and will be one of those players that plays on the same team for many years like Joey Sakic. Go Canada

leafaholix*

I can't see the offensive upside... but he'll be a great great NHL player.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The one thing with Mike Richards is that everyone seems to like him. It's just on varrying degrees.

Group 1 - Loves him as a future third line center, but doesnt believe he has the offensive upside to be a top line player.

Group 2 - Loves him as more then just a third liner and thinks he has the offensive talent to become a very successful offensive player at the next level.

I belong to group 2. I see Mike Richards as having a lot of offensive potential at the next level. He thinks the game so well, and the reason none of his offensive skills stick out, is because he's such a rounded player. His playmaking ability is outstanding and his offensive zone puck control is up there among the best in junior hockey IMO. I just think that Richards is going to surprise some people at the next level and continue scoring and become an outstanding NHL player.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
Mike has put some great numbers with the Kitchner Rangers, 89 points last season almost 40 goals, thats some good offense

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
Brock said:
I belong to group 2. I see Mike Richards as having a lot of offensive potential at the next level. He thinks the game so well, and the reason none of his offensive skills stick out, is because he's such a rounded player. His playmaking ability is outstanding and his offensive zone puck control is up there among the best in junior hockey IMO. I just think that Richards is going to surprise some people at the next level and continue scoring and become an outstanding NHL player.

I agree with your post. Flashy scorers are often the ones who fail to translate to the next level, when they find that their moves dont really work against NHL callibre defensemen and goalies. Find me a hard working prospect with good vision, and puck handling who plays an effective, well rounded and simple game and I'll show you a future NHL player.

Go Flames Go*

I wish we had a 2nd 1st rd pick in the 03 draft it was so deep we probablly would of selected Richards if we went before Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad