Mike Richards Going To Be Good In The Show??

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by tuckerdomi, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuckerdomi

tuckerdomi Registered User

This kid is quick, hes not affraid, I agree he does remind me abit like Doug Gilmour, hes got so much Heart, I think he will make an impact with the Philidephia flyers and will be one of those players that plays on the same team for many years like Joey Sakic. Go Canada

2. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

I can't see the offensive upside... but he'll be a great great NHL player.

3. Brock

Brock Registered User

Home Page:
    The one thing with Mike Richards is that everyone seems to like him. It's just on varrying degrees.

Group 1 - Loves him as a future third line center, but doesnt believe he has the offensive upside to be a top line player.

Group 2 - Loves him as more then just a third liner and thinks he has the offensive talent to become a very successful offensive player at the next level.

I belong to group 2. I see Mike Richards as having a lot of offensive potential at the next level. He thinks the game so well, and the reason none of his offensive skills stick out, is because he's such a rounded player. His playmaking ability is outstanding and his offensive zone puck control is up there among the best in junior hockey IMO. I just think that Richards is going to surprise some people at the next level and continue scoring and become an outstanding NHL player.

4. tuckerdomi

tuckerdomi Registered User

Mike has put some great numbers with the Kitchner Rangers, 89 points last season almost 40 goals, thats some good offense

5. BuppY

BuppY xGoodwillx

Home Page:
    He has a potential to be a good 2nd liner or a very good 3rd liner. Man Philly has some talented center prospect. :eek:

6. John Flyers Fan

John Flyers Fan Registered User

Home Page:
    It went from being by far our biggest area of weakness just 18 months ago, to where we are now with the best group of center prospects in the NHL.

7. Wally112pac

Wally112pac Registered User

Home Page:
    He reminds me of Upshall.

Since he'll be playin for the flyers, bobby clarke is a good comparison.

8. MojoJojo

MojoJojo Registered User

Home Page:
    I agree with your post. Flashy scorers are often the ones who fail to translate to the next level, when they find that their moves dont really work against NHL callibre defensemen and goalies. Find me a hard working prospect with good vision, and puck handling who plays an effective, well rounded and simple game and I'll show you a future NHL player.

9. Galiza_Rules

Galiza_Rules Registered User

Chemical Engineer
    He can play in NHL as a good second liner and helping in special teams (specially in PK) also i see him as flyers captain for a long time :yo:

10. I wish we had a 2nd 1st rd pick in the 03 draft it was so deep we probablly would of selected Richards if we went before Philly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.