Waived: Mike Ribeiro

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Seems a little strange to this outsider. With the TD approaching wouldn't he have some value as a rental?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
After thinking about this, I can see someone picking him up. His real cap hit at this point is less than 1.5M and he is basically a free rental.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I can see someone picking him up. Poile couldn't get anyone to trade for him it looks like and Ribs wanted out now and not at the deadline. Not good for the room to have him in there if he is unhappy.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
A playoff team will pick him up for depth.

Was frustrating to watch a lot but he's not as terrible as many here have made him out to me.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Was frustrating to watch a lot but he's not as terrible as many here have made him out to me.

My only thing with him, is he is down to being a one trick show. Pass the puck and nothing else.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well, since he was waived he didn't have any trade value and since he's not playing it was just the people here not happy with him, the coaches agreed.
I think there are teams that would like to have him but not by giving anything up to get it done, hoping we'd just waive him.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

100% agreed. You don't see 50p C's getting waived all the time.

Stupid move by Poile, could've gotten something out of him, or he could gone back into the lineup. Jarny-ribs-Smith would've worked. He wouldn't have taken the faceoffs.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
100% agreed. You don't see 50p C's getting waived all the time.

Stupid move by Poile, could've gotten something out of him, or he could gone back into the lineup. Jarny-ribs-Smith would've worked. He wouldn't have taken the faceoffs.

Don't you think if Poile could have gotten something he would have?

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Yeah I think its pretty clear that if we're waiving him no one was interested. We would have been lucky to get more than a 4th for him in all honesty.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I think its pretty clear that if we're waiving him no one was interested. We would have been lucky to get more than a 4th for him in all honesty.

What if this is a way to try to move the salary without getting anymore in return? maybe setting up for a trade soon?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Hasta Mikey! You sure were a creative puck handler that controlled pace well when you were on top of your game. You can tell some of the kids picked a few tricks up from working with him.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I think this was more a move about Poile giving him a chance here and then feeling let down by the trade request. I agree, this seems shortsighted, but his play has regressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad