Live look at the 2020 special teams

Zki6LEk.gif

Reactions: BB88

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Well I doubt our PK can be as bad as last year so there’s that. I also doubt our PP will get up 2048 short handed goals either. I’ll take a worse PP for a better PK

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
If you’re going to crap on coaching for things you don’t like or perceived coaching failures, at least be fair and give them credit for successes. PP and PK are heavily coached. In fact, you could prob argue coaching can have a bigger impact on special teams given how much more structured the play is than 5 on 5.

If you think players matter more than coaching than the impact of Q won’t be as significant.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
If you’re going to crap on coaching for things you don’t like or perceived coaching failures, at least be fair and give them credit for successes. PP and PK are heavily coached. In fact, you could prob argue coaching can have a bigger impact on special teams given how much more structured the play is than 5 on 5.

If you think players matter more than coaching than the impact of Q won’t be as significant.

Ill agree with you on that, at least regarding the PK. The PP is a different story for me. What changed? We went from one of the worst in the league, to one of the best. Same coaches, except last season we added Hoffman. Maybe Macfarland made adjustments to the PP, but I’d put more on the fact that we added a sniper that was a beast on the PP.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Ill agree with you on that, at least regarding the PK. The PP is a different story for me. What changed? We went from one of the worst in the league, to one of the best. Same coaches, except last season we added Hoffman. Maybe Macfarland made adjustments to the PP, but I’d put more on the fact that we added a sniper that was a beast on the PP.

Which happened as a result of an injury.

Our PP started awful and was awful till Trocheck got hurt.

Also, the Sharks ran the same PP scheme and was awful. Sharks fans came here and hated the 1-3 scheme which now that I mention, was Boogs scheme not Capuano

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Which happened as a result of an injury.

Our PP started awful and was awful till Trocheck got hurt.

Also, the Sharks ran the same PP scheme and was awful. Sharks fans came here and hated the 1-3 scheme which now that I mention, was Boogs scheme not Capuano

Starting to really think we should get rid of Trocheck...

I saw it exactly like you !

Hope we won't be too late to pull that trigger...

Kitchen is still meh though... But hey, it's the price to get Q and may be some other great upgrades ! :P

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
so when we get a good goalie, a better d-man, and panarin, i'm sure the coaching experts will find a way to give Q a lot of credit for the turnaround.

PP is still coachable and they went from 5 forwards to 4, they have a setup that works and a strategy from the coaches they execute on. Of course Hoffman matters but you have to give credit. We had an elite PP, almost #1 overall and you can't give credit to the coaching staff for that, hilarious.

If coaching is ultimately responsible for the team's record, they get credit for anything good and anything bad under their tenure. It's reasonable and fair.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Good players can't overcome bad coaching... B Belicheck

that is all
The quote game is a stupid one. Especially a football coach which has the biggest impact out of all the sports for coaching.

"show me a bad goalie and I'll show you a bad coach"

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
so when we get a good goalie, a better d-man, and panarin, i'm sure the coaching experts will find a way to give Q a lot of credit for the turnaround.

PP is still coachable and they went from 5 forwards to 4, they have a setup that works and a strategy from the coaches they execute on. Of course Hoffman matters but you have to give credit. We had an elite PP, almost #1 overall and you can't give credit to the coaching staff for that, hilarious.

If coaching is ultimately responsible for the team's record, they get credit for anything good and anything bad under their tenure. It's reasonable and fair.

I didnt say the coaching staff gets no credit for the PP success. If they get credit for the PK improvement, they get it for the PP improvement as well. They did change their strategy as the season went on, as you mentioned, but still, with the talent we have on the PP, there is no reason to not have a top end PP unit, regardless of the coaching staff. I just wonder where our unit would rank if Dale never traded for Hoffman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad