Mike Keenan vs Mike Babcock

Who would you rather hire as your team's coach?

• Mike Keenan

• Mike Babcock

• I'd rather hire a random fan from the stands

Results are only viewable after voting.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I’d only hire Mike Keenan if I wanted someone to scream at my players all the time

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is clearly Babcock but that has more to do with Keenan than anything. I dont think id hire either but if the only other option is a random fan then clearly id take either of these guys moving forward. The fact that even 6 people have voted for that option is pretty sad.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Babs actually is still a credible NHL coach. Keenan would just randomly scream at my players.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Rather a fan from the stands. Babcock's ego grew due to leading Anaheim to the cup finals and Detroit with a loaded roster. Then he manages to be the first-ever coach to join the triple-gold club.

Personally, I think Canada's coach from now on should be either Barry Trotz or Joel Quenneville.

But I think Babs will easily find another one to few more NHL jobs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rather a fan from the stands. Babcock's ego grew due to leading Anaheim to the cup finals and Detroit with a loaded roster. Then he manages to be the first-ever coach to join the triple-gold club.

Personally, I think Canada's coach from now on should be either Barry Trotz or Joel Quenneville.

Actually thinking a fan is better than either of these two guys is asinine. They have both forgot more about hockey than everyone posting in this thread knows combined.

Agreed Babs isnt the right guy for Canada I dont know how Trotz isnt the front runner at this point.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Actually thinking a fan is better than either of these two guys is asinine. They have both forgot more about hockey than everyone posting in this thread knows combined.

Agreed Babs isnt the right guy for Canada I dont know how Trotz isnt the front runner at this point.

Yeah, has to be Trotz. Probably the best NHL coach at the moment. Will be cool to see how he performs in tournaments.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
While there are allegation of Babcock being a crappy coach to players, Mike Keenan will gleefully recount his mistreatment of his players. MB by a country mile.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I hate cop out options in these polls that defeat the point of the polls. But hey there was a weak attempt at a joke there so it needed to be there.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Keenan stood out as a total maniac and a-hole in an era where what Babcock did was considered pretty normal.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
I would love keenan on the sabres please whip these sissy boys into shape

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Anyone voting Keenan is too young to remember him as a coach or needs to have their head examined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad