Mike Hoffman softest player in the NHL?

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Watching nearly every game this regular season and also these playoffs, it's getting frustrating watching him. It seems he only thinks of himself as a trigger man and almost loses every puck battle.

Anyone else notice this?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
wouldn't he have to be in a puck battle to lose one? :sarcasm:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Brock Nelson has a great American manly name and he's 6'4.

Don't be distracted by any of that because he's softer than baby ****.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Watching nearly every game this regular season and also these playoffs, it's getting frustrating watching him. It seems he only thinks of himself as a trigger man and almost loses every puck battle.

Anyone else notice this?

Well then, he must be softer than Eberle. Eberle won a few puck battles in the San Jose series.

Hal2000

Nov 16, 2010
Unlike the thread derailers above me, I will comment on Hoffman and say that generally I agree with you OP

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Jordan Eberle just avoids the puck battle before it even starts. He's figured out that if you just give the puck to the other team they won't want to battle.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Anyone else notice this?

Blackhawks will take him off your hands for cheap. We're happy to overlook 'softness' for goals. :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman is not alone...Sens have a lot of passengers that way. If your looking for Hoffman to grind it out ... I don't know what to tell you... write to Boucher and offer your assistance.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
He may be soft but he's got the best wrist shot in the league so I'll give him a pass. Gotta keep those hands fresh

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I love him when he's scoring, but he is one of the softest and emotionless players on the team for sure.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Anyone else notice this?

I think the same could be said for Eberle. The difference at least is that Hoffman can produce... something that Eberle can't exactly claim.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Years ago I was criticized for calling Eberle soft. I've never changed my mind. He's an embarrassment to hockey players

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think it's really useful to fill your team with tough guys purely for the sake of having tough guys, especially if that's all they bring, but I remember the last time the Rangers and Sens played in the playoffs and the Rangers took a few mild runs at Karlsson and the reaction next game from guys like Carkner and Neil was immediate. This series...the Rangers have been pounding the crap out of Karlsson and other players and really haven't had much pushback on it.

On the other hand, it really isn't a great idea to throw a ton of punch mans onto the team solely to respond

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad