Confirmed with Link: Mike Hardman signs 2 year contract extension ($800K AAV)

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Only downside to this deal is Bowman locking up two guys to multi year deals who possibly top out as a 4th liner and a 3rd pairing guy. Not sure what the rush is but the money is so little it’s not a huge deal. Don’t want to see any more contracts like this, though.
You really think Hagel tops out as a 4th line guy? Maybe Hardman, for which 800k is good value but I have to question your evaluation skills if you only saw that in Hagel.

Reactions: Pez68

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There's literally zero risk here. The contract is fully buriable. If he doesn't work out he plays in Rockford. Good thing I can't read anyone complaining about this.
People bitch when we trade away picks and prospects - we sign one for 800k, basically for snot...and same people bitch...this f***ing place...

Reactions: Pez68

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Didn't think he was amazing, but meh, I could see him turning into a respectable 4th line guy. I just don't see any room for him to even attempt to make the team this season; not with the current logjam up front.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Didn't think he was amazing, but meh, I could see him turning into a respectable 4th line guy. I just don't see any room for him to even attempt to make the team this season; not with the current logjam up front.
Like some have said, if Toews isn't ready to go out the gate, might be a trickle down effect that gives this kid a legit shot at 4th line now...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Like some have said, if Toews isn't ready to go out the gate, might be a trickle down effect that gives this kid a legit shot at 4th line now...
I still don't see it right now.

Kane
DeBrincat
Dach
Nylander
Strome
Borgstrom
Kurashev
Johnson
Gaudette
Kubalik
Hagel

Are all guys who, provided they aren't injured, should play most nights. That's 11. Toews makes 12. There's also Carpenter and Khaira.

I don't have an issue with this signing, but think he, as well as guys like Entwistle and Barratt, will have to stick it out at least another year in Rockford.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Kane
DeBrincat
Dach
Nylander
Strome
Borgstrom
Kurashev
Johnson
Gaudette
Kubalik
Hagel

Are all guys who, provided they aren't injured, should play most nights. That's 11. Toews makes 12. There's also Carpenter and Khaira.

I don't have an issue with this signing, but think he, as well as guys like Entwistle and Barratt, will have to stick it out at least another year in Rockford.
Gaudette, Strome and Nylander are all 50-50 types at this time. If this kid comes out of camp and impresses and earns that spot, any of those 3 can be moved out or sent down (except Strome on sent down)..none of those 3 are massive obstacles in his way honestly. I like the upside in all of these kids, but a player like Hardman with his size might surprise many and earn a spot on this squad over a few others..

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Kane
DeBrincat
Dach
Nylander
Strome
Borgstrom
Kurashev
Johnson
Gaudette
Kubalik
Hagel

Why the f*** is Strome still on this team?

Such a worthless player

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why the f*** is Strome still on this team?

Such a worthless player
I don't know that there is a GM among the 31 others in the league, who'd be stupid enough to trade for him. Better to except that Strome will still be here than to imagine him somewhere else or scratched every game; hurts less when the season begins.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Good signing and in line with the direction Lord Stanley is taking----every line needs someone to do some dirty work-----the Stromes and Nylanders sure aren't.....You have to excel at something in the NHL to be a regular and dirty work is an art.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I see Zach Hyman upside… I’m sure if he had Larkin as his center this final ncaa season his numbers would have looked as sick as Hymans final year jump.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't know that there is a GM among the 31 others in the league, who'd be stupid enough to trade for him. Better to except that Strome will still be here than to imagine him somewhere else or scratched every game; hurts less when the season begins.
At this point, Strome's value is the lowest it has been since we traded for him. Likely scenario is this, with Toews still up in the air, keep him around and hope he is motivated and comes out the gates swinging. If he provides anything good and Toews returns, his value is higher and teams might have some injuries that would be willing to pay a bit more for him. He is the easiest of the two to move out (CDH the other)...Strome is still young, can produce some offense, and doesn't have a bad long term contract- wait and see approach, then dump when we can afford to with Toews back for sure.

Reactions: pnch40

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
You really think Hagel tops out as a 4th line guy? Maybe Hardman, for which 800k is good value but I have to question your evaluation skills if you only saw that in Hagel.

No, I was referring to Hardman and Stillman. Just not guys I’d personally give multiple years especially when they’ve played so little for us at the time. Not too worried about Hardman but Stillman seems like the kind of guy I can see JC falling in love with and blocking a younger more talented guy from seeing the ice. Kind of like how he irrationally played Highmore when just about anybody else would have been better.

As for Hagel he’s everything you want in a 3rd liner who can play up as needed. Love him and his extension.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
He is a serviceable 4th liner would probably score few big goals.....if he was amazing 800 k would not get him signed .Bout time hawks don't overpay for 4th liner ..

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Gaudette, Strome and Nylander are all 50-50 types at this time. If this kid comes out of camp and impresses and earns that spot, any of those 3 can be moved out or sent down (except Strome on sent down)..none of those 3 are massive obstacles in his way honestly. I like the upside in all of these kids, but a player like Hardman with his size might surprise many and earn a spot on this squad over a few others..
Agreed and I must say that I am surprised that Stan sees Hardman's potential value. I liked what I saw from this guy. Gritty and he can skate.

needle

Apr 30, 2012

Kane
DeBrincat
Dach
Nylander
Strome
Borgstrom
Kurashev
Johnson
Gaudette
Kubalik
Hagel

Borgstrom seems like a shot in the dark. Nylander, Kurashev, Gaudette seem like coin flips. I'd add Connolly and Khaira though if Strome is in there.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
On/off 4th line role player - does everything what coach tells him, not talented, skilled, is pretty much avg at everything but does his job well -

low risk, low reward but doesn't gonna disappoint ya

Can't see much room for him thou, early on. Perfect call up guy, if there's an injury in the bottom 6 however.

Reactions: Pertti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad