Player Discussion Mike Condon (claimed off waivers by PIT)

void

Jan 5, 2006
Former Princeton goaltender Mike Condon has signed the maximum entry level contract with the Montreal Canadiens, according to a source. A formal announcement is expected later today. Following his senior season, the Needham, Mass. native played for the Houston Aeros in the American Hockey League. The Aeros are the AHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog...goaltender-mike-condon-carey-price-pete-budaj

MAGodin:
Le gardien Mike Condon signe un contrat avec le Canadien, confirme l'Université Princeton. http://t.co/c3ZQQXSOIR

https://twitter.com/magodin/status/332180632165818369

Last edited:

neil2005

May 2, 2012
Elliot Friedman spoke about him and the Habs interest in him a couple of weeks ago in his 30 thoughts blog

"29. A few teams are trying to sign goalie Michael Condon, who joined AHL Houston after his NCAA career ended at Princeton. Condon is 3-0 with a 2.39 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage for the Aeros. The Wild, Houston's parent club, is one of them. There were points this season where Montreal and Philadelphia checked him out. I suspect there are others, too. "

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Elliot Friedman spoke about him and the Habs interest in him a couple of weeks ago in his 30 thoughts blog

"29. A few teams are trying to sign goalie Michael Condon, who joined AHL Houston after his NCAA career ended at Princeton. Condon is 3-0 with a 2.39 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage for the Aeros. The Wild, Houston's parent club, is one of them. There were points this season where Montreal and Philadelphia checked him out. I suspect there are others, too. "

Good find, thanks.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'm not sure about this kid....

Finally, I get to walk around and talk about how Massachusetts and the #bruins are the two best things on the planet pic.twitter.com/9IYOl4yy

BA_SgeqCUAASm0T.jpg

https://twitter.com/Condibear1/status/292683956221005824

Halifaxhab*

We had ZERO goaltending depth.

MB goes and
- resigns Budaj (solid backup)
- trades for Tokarski (possible backup, potential as a starter)
- signs Condon (AHL Backup)

Now we have solid quality goaltending depth for 2-3 years. Timmins will now not be FORCED to select a goaltender. He'll pick one if it's BPA, but he isn't being forced to play a hand he doesn't like.

That's all this is. It has no bearing at all with the current on-ice product

Young Gun

Nov 9, 2009
Need to stock pile goalies, price is not the answer, been saying it since the trade with the blues... hopefully there'll be some return for him when the time comes to ship him out. I'm still thinking that he'll do his patty roy thing some night and he will be done
with the habs

With the big salary hit , maybe hard to get something good in return

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If he turns out to be a good goalie and starts a goalie controversy, definitely calling dibs on the phrase "double-bagging it".
As in: "Luckily the Habs are double-bagging it going into these playoffs" "I think the safest way to compete is if we just double-bag it"

In addition, I hope his contract doesn't end up being a huge boner.

Halifaxhab*

Need to stock pile goalies, price is not the answer, been saying it since the trade with the blues... hopefully there'll be some return for him when the time comes to ship him out. I'm still thinking that he'll do his patty roy thing some night and he will be done
with the habs

With the big salary hit , maybe hard to get something good in return

Halak sucks...and he's a disease in Montreal.

Thankfully we now have a Condon to help protect us.....ba dum bum

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
price is not the answer, been saying it since the trade with the blues...

Can't people shut the **** up about this already? No one gives a **** about what you said after the trade, it has no impact on the on ice product. It's done, there is no CTRL-Z in real life. Stop acting like the bitter boyfriend that was broken up with and cant shut the hell up about their beautiful ex that got away from them.

Of course we have moronic posts like this derailing an amazing thread.

void

Jan 5, 2006
It means a contract with the highest amount of bonus money possible for a non-drafted player. No idea what his cap hit would be, but it could be pretty large.

Nice to see you guys have already used up the joke quota for this one. :laugh:

Since he is signed between the 2012 and 2013 drafts, he would get the max salary of the 2012 draft class, which is 925K. (Based on 2005 CBA)

Doesn't mean they are giving him max performance bonuses, would be crazy to give a 3+ millions cap hit to this guy.

I see. Thanks guys!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Impressive numbers in his regular season starts in the AHL and ECHL. I wonder if Condon can handle the bumps and grinds of a full season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad