Mike Brown Signs 2 Year Contract -_-

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Oh good. It's really important to lock up guys that can't play hockey to multi year deals.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
**** me sideways.

And to everyone who says "it's just depth", remember than he was in the starting lineup in the playoffs. **** that.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
**** me sideways.

And to everyone who says "it's just depth", remember than he was in the starting lineup in the playoffs. **** that.

When they traded for him I thought it was for depth but then he pretty much became an every day player.

For a team that says it wants to get younger and give their kids every opportunity to earn a spot, signing Brown, especially for 2 years, seems like a terrible idea (I'm ignoring the fact that he's really bad at hockey).

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
When they traded for him I thought it was for depth but then he pretty much became an every day player.

For a team that says it wants to get younger and give their kids every opportunity to earn a spot, signing Brown, especially for 2 years, seems like a terrible idea (I'm ignoring the fact that he's really bad at hockey).

Yeah but if the team wants a shot at Connor McDavid, it seems like a great idea to trade Joe Thornton for Dan Girardi and then give Mike Brown Thornton's minutes. :naughty:

Gigante

Sep 12, 2011
I like Brown for the role he's expected to play and like this signing. Would rather see one-year, but I'm fine with two, especially if it saved some money per year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad