Mike Babcock and Tim Murray

Karate Johnson*

You've never coached hockey, have you?

Those of us who have laugh at how much those who haven't overrate the importance of coaching.

Put Babcock behind the bench of the 2014-15 Sabres and put Nolan behind the bench of the 2014-15 Ducks. What do you think the records will be? Here's a clue: Babcock's team isn't going to do very well.

:sarcasm:

Haha.... Tell about your experiance coaching hockey. How did you decide who brought the Orange slices?

ZeroPT*

Why?

Ditto.

Because he has a great track record of developing youth and Murray has a personal relationship with him.

Most players who are big parts of the Sens emergence played some time in Bingo under Richardson.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
that's not the point. I don't think. Though I disagree about Babcock, I don't think you can ever understate the value of a good coach

If you've coached the sport at any level that contains competitiveness, you're pretty aware of how valuable a coach is to the success of a hockey team. You've been a part of it, and things that hockey coaches do to speak on their importance carry weight at every level across every country.
But that's the opposite of what CitizenKane said...

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Because he has a great track record of developing youth and Murray has a personal relationship with him.

Most players who are big parts of the Sens emergence played some time in Bingo under Richardson.

Sort of. The Calder Cup run was under Kurt Kleinendorst. Bingo has seen a steady decline in performance under Luke. Lots of us in Bingo don't like the direction the team has taken, but like Luke. I'm kind of up in the air on him as a coach, and this is at the AHL level. I don't think he's the right choice for an NHL team.

Karate Johnson*

Sort of. The Calder Cup run was under Kurt Kleinendorst. Bingo has seen a steady decline in performance under Luke. Lots of us in Bingo don't like the direction the team has taken, but like Luke. I'm kind of up in the air on him as a coach, and this is at the AHL level. I don't think he's the right choice for an NHL team.

Doesn't Ottawa have a lot of youngsters contributing now? Could part of Richardsons problem lately be that he's had to start the whole process over? Could there be a lack of talent that wasn't the case a few years ago.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Doesn't Ottawa have a lot of youngsters contributing now? Could part of Richardsons problem lately be that he's had to start the whole process over? Could there be a lack of talent that wasn't the case a few years ago.

Yeah, that's probably right, the well is running dry and the team has been decimated.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Detroit is on the extreme end of the spectrum in terms of how long they keep players in the minors for development. That's not necessarily a good thing.
Well so far they haven't been proven wrong given the break out talent like Nyquist among others by their development practice. So what they do I would say is a good thing.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Just got an ESPN alert on my phone that pretty much said that the only way to get Babcock to come here is to draft McDavid.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
You've never coached hockey, have you?

Those of us who have laugh at how much those who haven't overrate the importance of coaching.

Put Babcock behind the bench of the 2014-15 Sabres and put Nolan behind the bench of the 2014-15 Ducks. What do you think the records will be? Here's a clue: Babcock's team isn't going to do very well.

:sarcasm:
Why put Nolan as the coach of the ducks and not the Red Wings....

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Agreed. There are too many questions surrounding him. It's really hard to excited about a coach that's really been hit or miss in his relatively short stint at the AHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad