Value of: Mikael Granlund + NSH 2019 1st (24-25th OA)

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Just curious to see how far up in the draft do you think Nashville could move with a package like this?

Granlund with a year left at 5.75 million after this season. 27 years old. 54 pts this season. 69 pts in 2016-17 and 67 pts in 2017-18. Can play both wings and center though right wing is where he's at his best.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Just curious to see how far up in the draft do you think Nashville could move with a package like this?

Granlund with a year left at 5.75 million after this season. 27 years old. 54 pts this season. 69 pts in 2016-17 and 67 pts in 2017-18. Can play both wings and center though right wing is where he's at his best.
11th pick + from PHI. That + or ++ can be decided on

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Fletcher definitely knows him, and I could see him being interested, but I think 11 is a touch too high.

Not sure if Philly can afford his extension either.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Fletcher definitely knows him, and I could see him being interested, but I think 11 is a touch too high.

Not sure if Philly can afford his extension either.
That + or ++ would include someone with Salary to free up more space. Should’ve said that

Edit:

May have been too easy to throw that out there, but Granlund would be a good 2C for us and we’d still have a pick. With Nashville out of the playoffs their pick won’t be 24 right? That’s why I made my remark on this thread.

If it is... then I recant the 11th. You’re right... Sodersteom has the potential to be there and PHI would love to pick him up.

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
That + or ++ would include someone with Salary to free up more space. Should’ve said that

Edit:

May have been too easy to throw that out there, but Granlund would be a good 2C for us and we’d still have a pick. With Nashville out of the playoffs their pick won’t be 24 right? That’s why I made my remark on this thread.

If it is... then I recant the 11th. You’re right... Sodersteom has the potential to be there and PHI would love to pick him up.

We won the division so we pick 24th, 25th if Capitals make the conference finals. At least that's how I've understood it.

The basic order of the picks is determined as follows:
  1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)

Last edited:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
We won the division so we pick 24th, 25th if Capitals make the conference finals. At least that's how I've understood it.
Thanks! I didn’t know where they stood after their exit. I might be a little hesitant then to deal 11 since Soderstrom, but PHI would be interested.

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
I could see Montreal being interrested,
I would Offer the 15th overall for Granlund+ 2020 2nd Round pick
Because he's a ufa next year

DakrSnooze

Aug 27, 2011
Whitehorse
Oilers are looking for wingers. Would the Preds entertain something along the lines of Granlund for the 8OA and Kris Russel? Russell has 2 more years left at a 4mil caphit.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Oilers are looking for wingers. Would the Preds entertain something along the lines of Granlund for the 8OA and Kris Russel? Russell has 2 more years left at a 4mil caphit.

Yes we would.

I, personally wouldn't mind trying Granlund here for a full season, but after this year's playoffs I feel like there are few players that are unavailable.

Reactions: DakrSnooze

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
No thanks. Don't want to massively overpay for a guy we won't be able to resign to a retirement UFA contract.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
No thanks. Don't want to massively overpay for a guy we won't be able to resign to a retirement UFA contract.
If granlund would agree to a contract verbally to be signed July 1, ala what mark stone did when he was traded. There should certainly a deal to be had. But there is no chance he would want to do that. And zero chance you trade that 8th pick for a player you probably get 1 year from

Reactions: 780il

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

How high do you want to move up on that package? Canadiens have the 15th pick, maybe they will. Don't know Granlund that well

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Not all that much for a one yr UFA to be.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Preds don't have a 2nd line to speak of as it is now. Granlund has done SFA since we got him, but if we're going to have any hope of a 2nd line materializing next season, he's a big part of that. Whatever funk he has been in since the trade, he's not really that bad a player - the Preds can't afford to sell low on him.

But they also can't afford to extend him prematurely. They can't afford another Turris/Ellis situation either.

So there IS a bit of a bind here. I don't think trading him for a draft pick is the right way out of the bind, however. Just hold on and see what he does next season. Also see where the team is at. Maybe they will have to try to deal him before the deadline. Maybe he'll get back on track and they'll want to re-sign him. There is risk involved no matter what. That's the chance they took trading the controlled asset in Fiala for him. I don't think many folks saw it going quite so badly at first as this. But now that it has, they just have to let the hand play out.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Preds don't have a 2nd line to speak of as it is now. Granlund has done SFA since we got him, but if we're going to have any hope of a 2nd line materializing next season, he's a big part of that. Whatever funk he has been in since the trade, he's not really that bad a player - the Preds can't afford to sell low on him.

But they also can't afford to extend him prematurely. They can't afford another Turris/Ellis situation either.

So there IS a bit of a bind here. I don't think trading him for a draft pick is the right way out of the bind, however. Just hold on and see what he does next season. Also see where the team is at. Maybe they will have to try to deal him before the deadline. Maybe he'll get back on track and they'll want to re-sign him. There is risk involved no matter what. That's the chance they took trading the controlled asset in Fiala for him. I don't think many folks saw it going quite so badly at first as this. But now that it has, they just have to let the hand play out.

I think there was rumors that he got another girl pregnant and she had the baby right around the time he was traded.. if that's true, could explain why he wasn't as mentally/emotionally engaged, he was distracted with family stuff. Either way, I think he will bounce back in a big way next year.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I think there was rumors that he got another girl pregnant and she had the baby right around the time he was traded.. if that's true, could explain why he wasn't as mentally/emotionally engaged, he was distracted with family stuff. Either way, I think he will bounce back in a big way next year.

It was his fiance, but yes, this happened.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That sounds pretty awful for Edmonton.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I hope they don't trade him. He was brought into a tough/losing situation. I want to see what he can do with a fresh start next season.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019

at this point in time Granland is a rental player and even packing him with their pick, the problem will be resigning him and he will be looking to get paid as a UFA. IMO he could quickly get an albatross type contract and that is bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad