Recalled/Assigned: Mikael Granlund (4/16: Assigned to Houston... now recalled on emergency basis)

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I would really be curious to see Granlund tried out at wing next year.

Also, try Coyle out as our 2C.

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Zucker-Coyle-Granlund/Seto

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Granlund seems to be capable to handle center duties in the NHL.-So, let him play there, he is a natural center, after all. He is NO wing. Has never been. Period. He is a playmaker who should operate on center ice.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i remain unworried about Granlund. still think he'll end up a better NHLr than either Zucker or Coyle.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Exactly what I've been worried about since we moved Larsson, but nobody seems to care.

/wave

As well, those penciling in Graovac or Haula, that's really premature and I'm a huge Haula fan. Graovac could end up like a Matt Foy mixed with a Mikko Koivu. Good production in the CHL due to being over aged, has trouble adjusting and is injury prone.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
So far I like what I see from Granlund even with limited ice time at wing. He at least now seems like he belongs and should be able to fit in next year in our top 9 somewhere..I think he'll be just fine and a solid player down the road

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I had an even weirder dream: Granlund and Haula went out to drink together, got wasted and ended up getting arrested (don't remember why that happened). MiG called Mikko to pick them up. He wasn't happy. :laugh:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Is coyle really stronger than Koivu? Because I know how strong Koivu is, and I have no problem if someone is stronger than him, but it just must be a reaaally strong guy, specially for rookie.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Is coyle really stronger than Koivu? Because I know how strong Koivu is, and I have no problem if someone is stronger than him, but it just must be a reaaally strong guy, specially for rookie.

Of course he's not that strong atm but he has the potential to be as strong or even stronger.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Coyle looks like a stronger faster bigger Koivu perfect 2nd line center to groom

I don't think he has the wheels to play an effective two-way center position. And guys that are good along the boards should be playing wing. You don't want your center getting caught down low all the time (or having to be concerned about it).

2nd, maybe as low as 3rd-line winger is what I see right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad