OT: Mikael Backlund

oNLy1cube

Sep 12, 2011
So how has he looked the last couple weeks? read he has a foot injury he's playing through and was also just scratched 2 games ago.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
So how has he looked the last couple weeks? read he has a foot injury he's playing through and was also just scratched 2 games ago.

You can tell he's playing through an injury, but he's still one of the best forwards on the team.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Had a goal taken away because I think it was Comeau? started staring at the goalie too hard -.-

oNLy1cube

Sep 12, 2011
Looked decent tonight, had some chances made some plays. Curious about his skating, while it looked alright it just seems average and he doesn't really push the pace. Wonder if this is mainly due to the foot injury or is it the norm. Also noticed he doesn't really compete too hard along the boards and in the corner, again wondering if this has something to do with the foot or is it just the way he plays.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Looked decent tonight, had some chances made some plays. Curious about his skating, while it looked alright it just seems average and he doesn't really push the pace. Wonder if this is mainly due to the foot injury or is it the norm. Also noticed he doesn't really compete too hard along the boards and in the corner, again wondering if this has something to do with the foot or is it just the way he plays.

I think its the foot injury, he normally has a lot of hustle in the oppositions zone.

oNLy1cube

Sep 12, 2011
Was a bit worried how his foot would react in back to back games but thought he looked quite a bit better tonight albeit against a weaker team. Had a little more jump and was better along the walls. I still wish he would move his feet more and he definitely needs to work on his speed to take another step in his development, but luckily those are things that can be improved over a long summer which unfortunately you CGY fans have to endure once again. All I think he really needs to take a big step forward is a good offseason of hard training + confidence, confidence from the coaching staff and most importantly confidence in himself. I'd say those are the magic ingredients for him to become that 2nd line center everyone envisions him becoming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad