Miikka Kiprusoff Vs Jacob Markström

Which goalie do you think is/was the best one?

• Total voters

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Markstrom is the best goalie we've had since Kipper. But, it's also been 3 games, there is no way Markstrom in 3 games is the best one for the franchise over Kipper. This is something that should be talked about a couple seasons in at least

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Markstrom is the best goalie we've had since Kipper. But, it's also been 3 games, there is no way Markstrom in 3 games is the best one for the franchise over Kipper. This is something that should be talked about a couple seasons in at least

My question is not the best goaltender in Calgary franchise of course marky has been to short time for that.Just a comparison Markstrom today and Mikka when he played for Calgary.

Can say for myself its very close comparison between them two.

following Markstrom since 2008 and kipper since his days in AIK in sweden both are quite different goalies and late bloomers both of them.

Last edited:

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
So after 3 games, you can say markstrom is better than kipper ever was?...lol

This is Markstrom whole career so far obviously vs peak kipper maybe easier to understand i change it in my first post

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Prime Kipper is one of the all time greats. The issue was his prime wasn't that long and wasn't well utilized by our GMs/coaches.

Prime Kipper was the type of guy you'd hang out to dry and you'd return to him on his head still sopping wet while doing a rinse cycle.

Markstrom is awesome so far, but not even in the same stratosphere to prime Kipper. I'd maybe compare what I've seen of him so far to Kipper's final years in Calgary where he could no longer carry the abysmal teams being iced in front of him. When Kipper retired, I think he was still of the calibre where he'd still put up slightly below average SV% in the league today. He still had a bit of fuel in the tank.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Kipper could've played for another few years if we found a backup who could keep his head above water. The best we could muster up for him after Turek left were the corpses of Vesa Toskala and Curtis Joseph who couldn't have combined for more than 15 games here

Still have no idea how Curtis McElhinney became a respectable back-up. He was one of the worst goalies I'd ever seen when he was here.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I accidentally clicked on markstrom but i certainly didn't mean it. But I hope Markstrom can enter this conversation properly over time.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
iu

I mean Kipper retired a while back but...

iu

Reactions: Kipper933

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Kipper AINEC. Not many goalies have dominated like Kipper did from 04-06. Not to mention the guy was an absolute workhorse. I love Markstrom so far but even just looking at his pre-Calgary career it's not even remotely close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad