Music: Migos: Yes or No?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Sorry, forgot to take into account vdB and sb164's specific tastes before making this thread, although it's pretty easy to pick option 4 and leave, or you know, never enter the thread to begin with.

50/50 split between hip-hop fans seems about right. Can't believe we got a "non hip-hop fan - like Migos" vote though lol.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
The only interesting thing about them is their flows and that quickly gets old over the course of a 60 minute album. I have no desire to listen to Culture again

I enjoy their stuff, but I didn't even listen to the album. I think they're good for party playlists and whatnot, but not worth going out of your way to listen to a full album. I can see how their style would wear thin pretty quickly.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I enjoy their stuff, but I didn't even listen to the album. I think they're good for party playlists and whatnot, but not worth going out of your way to listen to a full album. I can see how their style would wear thin pretty quickly.

Yeah they're definitely a singles artist, which I find is sadly the case for a lot of mainstream rap artists (Future, Young Thug, Rae Sremmurd, etc.). Plus for some reason all of these trap albums are an hour or longer, lol. Just cutting like 15 minutes or more would improve these across the board imo (Denzel Curry's Imperial is a good example of this, and it's the one thing I will compliment JEFFERY on.).

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
No. Get this non-thread worthy trash outta here. They're no where near as big as you claim.

Thanks for the facts... wouldn't want an opinion-based thread on an opinion-based topic or anything... need I lay it on any thicker?

Migos is one of the biggest groups out there right now.

I probably wouldn't buy/download a full album of theirs but I'd grab their singles/hits. Quavo seems to be sneaking off on his own lots these days for features (new Drake project).

If young metro dont trust u

:laugh:

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Migos are awesome. Quavo being the standout, but Offset, and Takeoff are dope too.

The many young artists that have copied their flow/ style are not so awesome.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Migos blew up in 2014. Yes Bad and Boujee became a top hit last year but they were already popular.

I'm not a huge fan, their songs are pretty much just club/car bangers and a whole bunch of random words thrown together. But fortunately for them, a lot of people these days like that.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
Migos blew up in 2014. Yes Bad and Boujee became a top hit last year but they were already popular.

I'm not a huge fan, their songs are pretty much just club/car bangers and a whole bunch of random words thrown together. But fortunately for them, a lot of people these days like that.

Yeah, club/car bangers are only super popular "these days" :laugh:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
They're alright. I like their singles, but I don't have them on repeat.

Quavo is dope though, he's got some great features and ad-libs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad