News Article: Mighty Ducks TV Series Reportedly in the Works

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
I'm just quoting an IGN.com article...

A Mighty Ducks TV series is reportedly in the works.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, ABC Signature Studios is working on a show based on the ’90s hockey movie trilogy. Steven Brill, the writer of all three films, is reportedly working on the script for the potential series with Jordan Kerner, who produced the movies, also developing the show. It's unclear if this TV adaptation will be a prequel, sequel, or remake.

The Mighty Ducks (1992)
The series is still very early in development, and as such it is not yet attached to a network. For now, none of the movies' stars, including Emilio Estevez and Joshua Jackson, are attached to the show.
The first film released in 1992 and follows Estevez as an attorney named Gordon Bombay, who becomes the coach of a Minnesota-based youth hockey team. Joshua Jackson also starred in all three movies as team captain Charlie Conway. An animated Mighty Ducks series premiered on ABC in 1996 and ran for 26 episodes.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Doesnt matter, opposing fans will connect it to us anyway lol
I have a chukle when they do. Like when a Kings fan laugh about our team named after a movie for marketing purposes. Their team was named after a completely out of the blue name as well to push the ''royal'' feel. Monarchy was cool in the time when they didn`t really have toilets and it has never actually existed in the North America ever... soft Euro.
With word ''King'' we now understand a young guy who poses in their instagram photo with his girlfriend and their 20$ custom T-shirts (King & Queen) (Is that a thing only in Europe?)

But sure, only our name is lame
giphy.webp

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
This both excites and worries me.

Sadly, it probably pushes any return of our old logo and color scheme further away.

At least Disney can't use those jerseys now, if I'm not mistaken.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
not a fan. leave the classics alone.

I think the best way to go about it is to make a prequel. Create a story around Gordon Bombay's upbringing and his time with the Hawks.

But I assume the series will be called 'The Mighty Ducks' or something, and thus it won't be about the Hawks team. I assume Disney are still allowed to use that name, which means we'll see a new Mighty Ducks logo being introduced. Yikes.

Maybe eventually this will lead the Samueli's to give up on the 'Ducks' team name altogether. I'm thinking we'll become the Orange Oranges of Orange County.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
This both excites and worries me.

Sadly, it probably pushes any return of our old logo and color scheme further away.

At least Disney can't use those jerseys now, if I'm not mistaken.
Which jerseys? Our old mighty ducks ones, they can't unless the Samuelis license them or they retained that limited right in the assignment. But I think the original mighty ducks movie had a different jersey anyway, right? A nasty green and yellow thing. Maybe they'll use those. They'll still have to license the name, which the Samuelis own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad