Movies: Mighty Ducks Trilogy - The secrets of Hans and Jan

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Hans and Jan in the Mighty Ducks trilogy has struck me as odd since I first saw the movies. The movies are set in Minnesota with a large proportion of the populace tracing there descent to Scandinavia.

Still these two guys who primarily engage with children claim they are of recent norwegian descent. Yet they have strong german or austrian accents (s= sch) and talk about strudels and pfeffers.

Do these two skate-sharpeners hide a secret? Their age would make it pretty easy to assume that they have been bad guys who are now working on leaving a positive legacy through the Minnesota Miracle Man.

What do you think? Sloppy writing and directing or a dark secret that looms in the real Duck Dynasty?

Minnesotans should recognize their accent as not being scandinavian though...

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
In the third movie, Gordon Bombay is forced into being a lawyer again when it turns out that the surviving brother (Jan) is actually a Nazi War criminal, through their own typical scampy hijinks the ducks reunite to raise the legal funds to defend him by putting on a charity hockey game against a reunited team iceland lead by Wolf Stanzen (or whatever his name is, who is also a secret Nazi).

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
In the third movie, Gordon Bombay is forced into being a lawyer again when it turns out that the surviving brother (Jan) is actually a Nazi War criminal, through their own typical scampy hijinks the ducks reunite to raise the legal funds to defend him by putting on a charity hockey game against a reunited team iceland lead by Wolf Stanzen (or whatever his name is, who is also a secret Nazi).

But there was already a third movie. We're talking fourth movie, and I sure as hell hope Gordon Bombay and the rest wouldn't defend a Nazi. Yeesh.

Reactions: mattihp

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Hans and Jan in the Mighty Ducks trilogy has struck me as odd since I first saw the movies. The movies are set in Minnesota with a large proportion of the populace tracing there descent to Scandinavia.

Still these two guys who primarily engage with children claim they are of recent norwegian descent. Yet they have strong german or austrian accents (s= sch) and talk about strudels and pfeffers.

Do these two skate-sharpeners hide a secret? Their age would make it pretty easy to assume that they have been bad guys who are now working on leaving a positive legacy through the Minnesota Miracle Man.

What do you think? Sloppy writing and directing or a dark secret that looms in the real Duck Dynasty?

Minnesotans should recognize their accent as not being scandinavian though...
What's pfeffers?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
But there was already a third movie. We're talking fourth movie, and I sure as hell hope Gordon Bombay and the rest wouldn't defend a Nazi. Yeesh.
Considering it is Disney... There might be some ambivalence with Nazis.. Sure Walt hated when the nazis became a threat to the US, but before that.. the moustached misters could have become as good a chums as Henry Ford was with the big guy.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
German for peppers.
That would be Paprika or Peperoni. I asked because Pfeffers as a plural doesn't exist in any German dialect I know. Pfeffer only refers to the spice, not the vegetables. The plural of Strudel would be Strudel but at least German speakers would understand that.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
That would be Paprika or Peperoni. I asked because Pfeffers as a plural doesn't exist in any German dialect I know. Pfeffer only refers to the spice, not the vegetables. The plural of Strudel would be Strudel but at least German speakers would understand that.
They say strudelhead and strudel in the movies so they do not succumb to my fallacy.

I didn't see any paprika in the scrambled eggs so I would guess they're just peppered.

Reactions: Eisen

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
They’re runaway Nazis, duh
That was my assumption. Or that they had been labeled as nazis...

But in Minnesota their accents and cultural references should give away the fact that they're not norwegians straight away... So people there must have welcomed them with open arms and just played along?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
They’re runaway Nazis, duh
Maybe parallell universes is the theory to choose?

After the first movie Terry Hall, Peter Mark, Dave Karp and the Duncans are never mentioned again... Even if Karp is shown in a flashback. For the third movie Jesse Hall is not mentioned at all.

Somewhere the dimensions get mixed up and the players in the third movie have never played or known these people. MAGIC. So maybe Norway continued to be occupied by the nazis in these dimensions?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Speaking of the Mighty Ducks.....is this the worst shootout attempt of all time? I mean, who stops at the hashmarks, and tees up a slapshot :laugh: And since when is sticking handling considered a deke? Did he really think that "dekeing" at the blue line, then stopping, was going to throw her off? Gotta agree with the coach there, the kid lost it for them lol.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Speaking of the Mighty Ducks.....is this the worst shootout attempt of all time? I mean, who stops at the hashmarks, and tees up a slapshot :laugh: And since when is sticking handling considered a deke? Did he really think that "dekeing" at the blue line, then stopping, was going to throw her off? Gotta agree with the coach there, the kid lost it for them lol.

Also, what's the point of dramatically counting his "triple deke" if they know he's going to stop and tee up anyway?

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

This is easily the worst scene in the entire series

First off wtf is she doing in the corner with the puck? Is she using her mouth to hold the stick? Then theres some battle at the point for some reason. The guy at the point, who is probably a defenseman, not only charges to the corner at her from the exact opposite side of the zone but he screams as he glides into her stick ready for action. Somehow Dwyane realizes whats happening, grabs his trusty rope, warcrys "Yee-Haw!", jumps on the ice and lasso's him all before the d-man can skate to the corner and stops him on a dime while not one single player on either team can get to the corner to ask what in the holy f*** Connie is doing and grabbing the puck for themself (There were a couple Iceland players seen skating in wrong directions at the beginning).

Meanwhile Connie's boyfriend is on the ice not doing shit, watching some cowboy save his girlfriend

And lastly, while all of this is going on with Connie, you can see Connie is on the bench cheering Connie on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad